spc
Search similar:

uniqs

N7AS
join:2010-05-29
Prescott Valley, AZ

N7AS

[General] MOH via SIP URI

I have been using music@iptel.org for my MusicOnHold on my OBi1032 IP Phone and would like to use something better. I do have a really nice MOH in .mp3 format that I would like to use. The phone requires me to enter a SIP URi or a number to play the MOH when I place a call on hold. I thought I could put the .mp3 in a folder on my website and have a URI address point to it. I talked to my hosting company godaddy.com and they didn't have a clue of how I could do it. Does anyone here have any ideas?
QBZappy
join:2012-05-10

QBZappy

I have not played with MOH for a while. I'm not certain how relevant this is with the OBi1032. Here is a discussion on the topic which might interest you:

How to set up Music on hold (MOH) (the easy way)
»www.obitalk.com/forum/in ··· c=5180.0
bw5745
join:2014-03-14

1 recommendation

bw5745 to N7AS

to N7AS
When you use a SIP URI, you are basically making a phone call to that address. You need PBX software running on your server to accept that call. I'm sure posters in this forum can suggest how to set up an Asterisk or FreeSwitch based PBX on your server. Doing this just to serve Music-On-Hold might be overkill.

N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ

N7AS to QBZappy

to QBZappy
said by QBZappy:

I have not played with MOH for a while. I'm not certain how relevant this is with the OBi1032. Here is a discussion on the topic which might interest you:

How to set up Music on hold (MOH) (the easy way)
»www.obitalk.com/forum/in ··· c=5180.0

I downloaded Homer and selected my MOH file. Now, how do I get it to work? What address do I put in the MOH field of the phone?

arpawocky
Premium Member
join:2014-04-13
Columbus, OH

1 recommendation

arpawocky to bw5745

Premium Member

to bw5745
said by bw5745:

When you use a SIP URI, you are basically making a phone call to that address. You need PBX software running on your server to accept that call. I'm sure posters in this forum can suggest how to set up an Asterisk or FreeSwitch based PBX on your server. Doing this just to serve Music-On-Hold might be overkill.

It could be overkill, or it could be worthwhile in the long run both as a learning experience and in that the OP would end up having a PBX. (Having a PBX is awesome)
bw5745
join:2014-03-14

bw5745 to N7AS

to N7AS
»www.homer-conferencing.c ··· ndex.php

I took a look at the Homer Conferencing website. This program might work for you. You would use it to set up a streaming server for your local file. If it is properly configured, you would just put the IP address of the machine running the Homer Conferencing software.

If your OBi1032 is in a typical home/small business network, it would be be behind a NAT router like all your other devices. Run the Homer software on a PC on that same network. Use that PC's private IP address to form the SIP URI. You might want to set a DHCP reservation in your router for that PC so that the private IP address does not change.

Do not run the Homer software on your webhost. Even if you have a dedicated machine with full administrative access, it is a bad idea. Malicious hackers running SIP scanner software will find your webhost. Even if the Homer software is secure, your webhost will become a target for more intensive attacks.

N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ

N7AS

said by bw5745:

If your OBi1032 is in a typical home/small business network, it would be be behind a NAT router like all your other devices. Run the Homer software on a PC on that same network. Use that PC's private IP address to form the SIP URI. You might want to set a DHCP reservation in your router for that PC so that the private IP address does not change.

Everything is on the same network and I assign static IPs to all devices and computers. So, how would I form a URI? Lets say the PC running Homer is on 192.168.1.120. Would it be xxxxx@192.168.1.120 or sip:xxxxx@192.168.1.120 ?

Also I noticed that I think Homer has it's own IP. When I went to settings it shows "Own direct contact address" Grant@192.168.102.18 .
I put that address in the MOH field in the OBi1032 and sisn't work.
N7AS

N7AS

I found a built-in MOH on the OBi1032 that was in the Admin Guide.
However, I still would like to get it working with the Homer application. Maybee someone with a pbx could host it if I supply the .mp3?

arpawocky
Premium Member
Columbus, OH

arpawocky

Premium Member

said by N7AS:

Maybee someone with a pbx could host it if I supply the .mp3?

Who owns the copyright on the mp3?

N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ

N7AS

said by arpawocky:

Who owns the copyright on the mp3?

I don't know. I just recorded it from a free pbx program. It's just some music with voiceovers. It's about 4.6MB in size.

arpawocky
Premium Member
Columbus, OH

arpawocky

Premium Member

said by N7AS:

I don't know. I just recorded it from a free pbx program. It's just some music with voiceovers. It's about 4.6MB in size.

Which PBX program?

N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ

N7AS

I think it may be one from NCH or other.

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium Member
join:2005-10-08
Boca Raton, FL

N9MD

Premium Member

said by N7AS:

I think it may be one from NCH...

So, it's Australian music ... no worries mate.

N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ

N7AS

Any ideas of how I can make it work?