All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Chromeupx
@optonline.net

Chromeupx

Anon

Can somebody please help me set Chrome to update automatically?

Hi all,

For some reason my Chrome browser will not update automatically. If I click on the 'about google chrome' it will check and update no problem though. I also have Firefox which does update automatically.

This is my home computer using Windows 7. Any ideas of what it could be or what I should try? Thanks

BKayrac
Premium Member
join:2001-09-29

BKayrac

Premium Member

said by Chromeupx :

Hi all,

For some reason my Chrome browser will not update automatically. If I click on the 'about google chrome' it will check and update no problem though. I also have Firefox which does update automatically.

This is my home computer using Windows 7. Any ideas of what it could be or what I should try? Thanks

Chrome does update automatically. It just does it without bothering you 99% of the time.

Chromeupx
@optonline.net

Chromeupx

Anon

Mine is not updating automatically. I happened to click on the 'about google chrome' and it applied an update that was released a week ago.

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22 to Chromeupx

to Chromeupx
You can get it to update manually even with auto-update on by checking it before the scheduled updater check... are you sure that is not what is happening?

Here is what I would do: Export your bookmarks (if you have any you want to keep) and then do an un-install of chrome, and then re-install with a fresh installer... it should re-install google update, then re-import your bookmarks and you are good to go.

The only chromes that I have behaving this way are ones that I have disabled google update service, if you want to check that first jump into services.msc and make sure that "Google update service (gupdate)" is set to automatic.