spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Teasip
join:2001-05-14
Plano, TX

Teasip

MBPr (mid-12) and SSD upgrade

Anyone aware of whether or not the new Samsung SSDs will fit in MBPr like those from OWC? They have some posted at their website without the traditional external casing that appear similar to those in the MBPr. Samsung website does not appear to comment on same nor do I find any info from Googling topic.

trparky
Premium Member
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
·AT&T U-Verse

1 recommendation

trparky

Premium Member

Not to be a storm cloud hovering over your parade but I wouldn't recommend a Samsung SSD at all. See this multi-page behemoth of a thread over at Overclock.net for a very good reason why you should steer clear of any SSD made by Samsung. What ever SSD you do choose, don't let it be a Samsung.

You can see in my post signature that there's a growing movement on the Internet demanding a recall on thousands, if not millions, of Samsung SSDs over this serious hardware flaw.

Teasip
join:2001-05-14
Plano, TX

Teasip

The reason why I mentioned Samsung is that I don't see a Crucial equivalent and the OWC units didn't appear to make the latest ratings (the 850 series scored highest).

ArthurS
Watch Those Blinking Lights
Premium Member
join:2000-10-28
Hamilton, ON

ArthurS to trparky

Premium Member

to trparky
The problem Samsung SSD's seem to be limited to their EVO series, the Samsung PRO series are perfectly fine.