spc
Search similar:

uniqs
mikep3000
join:2015-03-15
Charlotte, NC

mikep3000

[TV] time warner question

soo......... all i wanted was a new modem and i got cause i told them that was the problem and it was but this twc guy said he was shocked when messing with the signals to 2 of our lines where the power box is for 4 houses. then goes to the side of my house and says ooo they are not shocking me here but i have to cut them. but after he cut them he put a grounder down and he leaves. next day get a power guy out here and nothing.. no shocks or nothing. plus this twc guys tester was acting up and cutting off. so i am just wondering seem like this guy had no clue what he was doing? because i have twc another guy coming tomorrow and i want my 2 rooms in my house to have cable again since there was no issue. also twc was suppose to come back friday but no one showed so i am also wondering if no one comes tomorrow should i just buy some r6 coax's to put back on the 2 lines he cut off and do it myself?

thanks
harald
join:2010-10-22
Columbus, OH

1 recommendation

harald

Wow - I didn't know marijuana was legal in NC.

what are you trying to say??
mikep3000
Charlotte, NC

mikep3000

this twc guy cut 2 of my cable lines cause he said he was getting shocked by touching them before he put a grounder in. put the grounder and leaves..... had the power people come the next day and says no issues at all and doesn't know why that twc guy did that.
etaadmin
join:2002-01-17
united state

etaadmin to harald

to harald
Only for medical use
etaadmin

etaadmin to mikep3000

to mikep3000
You'll be surprised the number of electrocution accidents that occur in the US. The reason the guy did what he did is for safety, if he was getting shocked that is because the line he was working with had/has dangerous voltage potentials.

He did the right thing in grounding the thing (grounding rod?), it is not his job to find the source of the fault that is the electric company's job.

Maybe a tree branch or a home power cable rubbing against the cable's company equipment you never know.

Good thing the guy was shocked with a relatively low voltage... just imagine what would happen if there was thousands of volts instead.

The cable guy's job is to install cable equipment that's it.
mikep3000
Charlotte, NC

mikep3000

no i get that . but he cut the wires first then put down the grounder. then the next day we had the electric guy come out and those 2 wires no voltage problems at all on his read the electric guy even put a nail on the end of the wires and nothing lol. so you think the problem was no grounding rod why the voltage was like that to begin with?

thanks