Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Emulators

Does this forum have any rules against emulator discussions? If not, I'm looking to see what kind of emulators would work well on a Galaxy S5.

Weirdal
Premium Member
join:2003-06-28
Grand Island, NE

Weirdal

Premium Member

I don't know what system you're looking for, but I've heard very good things about Robert Broglia's series of emulators for Android:

»www.explusalpha.com/home

They're not free, but when it comes to flat-out emulation accuracy, his are the best.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Can you just use the phone or do you need a controller as well? I've seen some controllers that have a mount for the phone. I wonder what kind of battery drain that causes.

Weirdal
Premium Member
join:2003-06-28
Grand Island, NE

1 recommendation

Weirdal

Premium Member

said by Exodus:

Can you just use the phone or do you need a controller as well? I've seen some controllers that have a mount for the phone. I wonder what kind of battery drain that causes.

I know you can use the phone with on-screen buttons. I assume you can use controllers as well.

I think most of those controllers connect via bluetooth and the mounting is just for convenience. So they usually require their own power source and shouldn't drain the battery that much (aside from using your phone's bluetooth).

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

I think this samsung has a micro hdmi output. If that's the case, I could plug it into my TV, use a bluetooth controller and play games on the TV, which would be bad ass.

Selenia
Gentoo Convert
Premium Member
join:2006-09-22
Fort Smith, AR

Selenia to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
Retroarch. For everything up to PS1 and N64. In fact, had the most accurate PS1 emulation in my tests and no issues with other systems. Free to boot.

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
join:2008-09-02
united state

Metatron2008

Premium Member

honestly, for emulators, the best use ive seen are those raspberry pi arcade cabinet kits:

»www.retrobuiltgames.com

more can be found by googling

Selenia
Gentoo Convert
Premium Member
Fort Smith, AR

Selenia

Premium Member

Looks nice but won't exactly run on a Galaxy S5 like the OP wants.

justin
..needs sleep
Mod
join:1999-05-28
Billion BiPAC 7800N
Apple AirPort Extreme (2011)

justin to Exodus

Mod

to Exodus
The rules if they need to be made, i'll just quote from gaf:

Linking to pirate download sites, directions on how to get pirated software to work, reviews or impressions of pirated software, and livestreams of pirated software play are all strictly prohibited.

And I would take a dim view of anyone sort of having a nudge nudge discussion of the joys of ripping off current games or currently sold hardware, by pretending they are taking about the industry, or a technical issue, when all they really want to do is boast that they have all the current 3DS games on their rooted android or whatever it is.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

My apologies.

Selenia
Gentoo Convert
Premium Member
Fort Smith, AR

Selenia to justin

Premium Member

to justin
Usually, when you are talking emulation on an Android that actually works, you are talking defunct systems not sold new anymore. The most recent emulated system is the Gamecube, which is not yet able to run well on current Android hardware by the developer's statement, though I have yet to try personally. Most mainstream midline phones, we're talking N64/PS1. Most recent I personally ran well is Dreamcast for home consoles and PSP for portables. Mind you, only specific games ran well, some games not at all. This was on an optimized stock quad core Nexus 7 tablet(much as I could optimize stock, as I wanted to assure my warranty stayed good). So, I don't think anyone here would be talking about pirating current games, given the technical limitations alone. Emulators are legal if you already own the game, as things go right now.

SunnyDays
join:2015-03-24
Ireland

SunnyDays to Exodus

to Exodus
Retroarch ps1 emulator is awesome