Premium Member
join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas

Premium Member

DTA's not receiver friendly

just a heads up to any one that has basic with the little DTA's, they dont seem to play nice with surround sound receivers, at least not the Onkyo HT-S3500 i just hooked up. since the box never turns off the receiver thinks your all ways watching tv, so when you turn it off even though CEC from the tv works and the receiver cuts off, it cuts right back on again when it sees the DTA is still on. verified that by unplugging the DTA then turning off the tv, and it stays off.

an alternative may be to leave the DTA connected to the tv and use tv out to send audio to the receiver, in my case i cant test this as its a toslink connection (dont have a toslink cable sitting around).

dont see why the remote even has a "DTA power" button.
k9iua6
join:2004-05-23
Dubuque, IA

k9iua6

said by thedragonmas:

dont see why the remote even has a "DTA power" button.

The power button is not for the DTA, but for your TV, just like there is a volume control on the DTA's remote that is for the TV.

thedragonmas
Premium Member
Albany, GA

thedragonmas

Premium Member

It has two buttons one says "tv power" the other says "all power" one would assume "all" would imply the DTA since thats the only other device the remote controlls
k9iua6
join:2004-05-23
Dubuque, IA

k9iua6

You must have one of the new HD DTAs or something new. I still have the regular DTAs and they only have the one power button for the TV.
dwiecking
join:2002-10-28
Bethany Beach, DE

dwiecking to thedragonmas

to thedragonmas
FWIW, my SD DTA's only have 1 power button. The (slightly newer) HD DTA has 2 power buttons, one marked "TV" and the other "Cable".

thedragonmas
Premium Member
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas to k9iua6

Premium Member

to k9iua6
said by k9iua6:

You must have one of the new HD DTAs or something new. I still have the regular DTAs and they only have the one power button for the TV.

yes, two, one is a pace, the other is a technicolor, they both have two power buttons, i cant find the PDF for the other one but its power button states "DTA power" instead of "all power" the one i have connected to the receiver looks like this.

and, any one that runs in to this problem may have success installing their receiver as per the directions (which for the record i did) power cycling every thing. disconnect the power for the DTA , and wait about 5 minutes for the "HDMI" light on the receiver to turn off. then connect power to dta and while its booting up power up the tv, so far doing this for setup (or power outage as i found out yesterday) seems to work. i have no earthly idea why.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

That is great news! Thank You for the info!