Search similar:

uniqs

tchristie
@verizon.net

tchristie

Anon

[Connectivity] DSL issues for months

Hey guys,
I have had issues upon issues with my DSL. Hopefully you all can shed some light on these issues.
1) So one big problem we have is speed issues, average speed can range for .30 mbps to 2.00 mbps.
2) next problem was with our verizon router every morning i had to reset it. I would get a 254.168 IP address (self assigned). its like it wasnt renewing ip's over night.
3) With the next router we have to reset it everyday because the router wont connect to the internet. wireless is good, I have a 192.168 address. It seems like the default gateway isnt connecting to the internet.

Thanks for the help, let me know if anyone else has been experiencing these issues!

pjsutton
join:2013-06-25
Kempton, PA

2 recommendations

pjsutton

This literally tells us nothing. You need to at least get into your modem and post the line stats.

Have you asked for a new modem?

Tchristie
@google.com

Tchristie

Anon

I believe I listed three separate issues. Yes, they aren't fully explained but enough information is listed to understand what's going on. Also I was really looking to see if anyone else has had a related problem.

To answer your question, yes this is our second router (from Verizon), and another that we bought.

pjsutton
join:2013-06-25
Kempton, PA

1 recommendation

pjsutton

But it really isn't enough info to diagnose any kind of problem. Is this only on Wifi? Or on PC's connected with Ethernet? What speed plan do you have? We'd like to see what your SNR and attenuation are to determine if it's a problem with your line, etc. "Router won't connect to the internet" could just mean your PPPoE user name and password need to be re entered, etc

tim_k
Buttons, Bows, Beamer, Shadow, Kasey
Premium Member
join:2002-02-02
Stewartstown, PA

tim_k to tchristie

Premium Member

to tchristie
might not be anything I can help with, but if you register with the site, send me an instant message with your DSL phone number and I'll check it out.

batterup
I Can Not Tell A Lie.
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Netcong, NJ

1 edit

1 recommendation

batterup to tchristie

Premium Member

to tchristie
OP do you get sink but no surf?

You said;
quote:
I would get a 254.168 IP address (self assigned).
What do you mean by "self assigned"?
Do you have static IP addresses?
Noobed
join:2012-04-05
Camarillo, CA

1 recommendation

Noobed

I think it means it got a 169.254 up address which means dhcp failed to get a response from a server in the timeout window