spc
Search similar:

uniqs

drew32948732
@sbcglobal.net

drew32948732

Anon

first year ends soon, pricing/promos?

OK so Uverse HAS been good, for a 12mbit connection. However, AT&T's regular rates are way too high to justify keeping this. I'd downgrade speed even, but the savings is minimal. I do not want to pay $56 or whatever for 12mbit when I can get 60Mbit for the same price (actually the regular rate for the 60meg is 49.99 or maybe 54.99 and 39.99 for first year, and 39.99 is what I pay AT&T now)

Can someone tell me will they re-negotiate another year at a similar rate to 39.99? I am totally willing to commit to another year if they will, but $56 is just not competitive at all. What do you pay and how did you re-negotiate if you were able to? Any info on this subject would be much appreciated.

OpTiC
Premium Member
join:2014-03-08
West Covina, CA

OpTiC

Premium Member

said by drew32948732 :

OK so Uverse HAS been good, for a 12mbit connection. However, AT&T's regular rates are way too high to justify keeping this. I'd downgrade speed even, but the savings is minimal. I do not want to pay $56 or whatever for 12mbit when I can get 60Mbit for the same price (actually the regular rate for the 60meg is 49.99 or maybe 54.99 and 39.99 for first year, and 39.99 is what I pay AT&T now)

Can someone tell me will they re-negotiate another year at a similar rate to 39.99? I am totally willing to commit to another year if they will, but $56 is just not competitive at all. What do you pay and how did you re-negotiate if you were able to? Any info on this subject would be much appreciated.

At&t might be able to renegotiate call them up if they say no ask for a supervisor or keep calling. have seen 18/3 for $28 by negotiating. You need to speak to the cancellation department.
timeout1
join:2013-04-23
Cleveland, OH

1 edit

timeout1 to drew32948732

to drew32948732
There is a U-verse thread on the slickdeals.net forum where people post their results at getting discounts from AT&T. I suggest you search and find the thread. It WILL be helpful!!

The thread has been open over a year but there are posts within the last week.
teicher
join:2010-06-30
Raleigh, NC

teicher to drew32948732

to drew32948732
Here's what I've done to get promo rates for my u-verse service, I've been using it for years and at least 3 of them have been with a good discount for 12 mos at a time. I happen to live in an area that has both TWC and U-verse competing for my business and I've been a good customer w/o any late payments or tech support needs so I'm easy money to them.. I simply call AT&T and politely discuss with the rep the TWC promotion that I was most recently offered (I get them in the mail or at my door all the time) and ask what AT&T promotions for similar services are available to me. I always mention that I am pleased with the u-verse service (because I am) and it would be nice not to have to take time away from work to meet with the TWC installer, but the monthly savings are compelling and our family sure could benefit from the extra cash.

Be nice. Don't threaten to leave, don't nick pick over tiny differences in download speeds, don't bluff with fake competitor offers that aren't legit, don't even ask to be sent to the retention department. Just stick to the idea that the competitor wants your business, you are willing to give AT&T a chance to counter and that saving money is what you need to do most. If they don't offer anything and you still want to stick with AT&T, call them back at a different time. I usually call during business hours, I figure that's when the most experienced and senior people are working and they have more options to work with.

Good luck, hope that helps you lower your bill.

OpTiC
Premium Member
West Covina, CA

OpTiC

Premium Member

said by teicher:

Here's what I've done to get promo rates for my u-verse service, I've been using it for years and at least 3 of them have been with a good discount for 12 mos at a time. I happen to live in an area that has both TWC and U-verse competing for my business and I've been a good customer w/o any late payments or tech support needs so I'm easy money to them.. I simply call AT&T and politely discuss with the rep the TWC promotion that I was most recently offered (I get them in the mail or at my door all the time) and ask what AT&T promotions for similar services are available to me. I always mention that I am pleased with the u-verse service (because I am) and it would be nice not to have to take time away from work to meet with the TWC installer, but the monthly savings are compelling and our family sure could benefit from the extra cash.

Be nice. Don't threaten to leave, don't nick pick over tiny differences in download speeds, don't bluff with fake competitor offers that aren't legit, don't even ask to be sent to the retention department. Just stick to the idea that the competitor wants your business, you are willing to give AT&T a chance to counter and that saving money is what you need to do most. If they don't offer anything and you still want to stick with AT&T, call them back at a different time. I usually call during business hours, I figure that's when the most experienced and senior people are working and they have more options to work with.

Good luck, hope that helps you lower your bill.

The best way to lower a bill is the retenctions department they have the best offers. That is how some people got 18/3 for $28 or 24/5 for $33. They just ask to speak to the manager.
teicher
join:2010-06-30
Raleigh, NC

teicher

You are correct, I'm pretty sure the retention dept is where they sent me. I just wanted to make the point to be nice and let the rep send you there, rather than demand it. Seems like being nice is now I've gotten the deals I've had so far.

OpTiC
Premium Member
West Covina, CA

OpTiC

Premium Member

said by teicher:

You are correct, I'm pretty sure the retention dept is where they sent me. I just wanted to make the point to be nice and let the rep send you there, rather than demand it. Seems like being nice is now I've gotten the deals I've had so far.

Sorry for misunderstanding I got you. If they refuse just ask for a supervisor and you might be able to get 18/3 for $28 for a year.
timeout1
join:2013-04-23
Cleveland, OH

timeout1 to drew32948732

to drew32948732
If you do not get a good offer, say " Thank you, I will think about it". Then call back on another day. As teicher says, be nice.