Premium Member
join:2002-11-17
Las Vegas, NV
·CenturyLink

1 edit

VegasMan

Premium Member

Cubs 2015

OK lets get this started. A One, a two, a three...

Bryant's a stud, looks like he'll miss first nine games so the Cubs can keep him one more year. I'm OK with that cause I don't think this is the year.

We need pitching. The starting five Lester is a true #1 but the rest of the cast are #3's or worse. I'll leave Hendricks out of that due to lack of a full season.

Bullpen you never know about. Coke has been lights out at training. I see Motte being a waste of money the rest looked decent last year but that was last year.

Catching, we have 3 who gets let go? Montero is getting old for a catcher 32. Castillo, Soto part two?

So here is my opening day lineup:

1st - Fowler
2nd - Szczur or Coghlan
3rd - Rizzo
4th - Soler
5th - Castro
6th - Alcantara
7th - Olt
8th - Ross
9th - Lester

Traded before end of season:
Edwin Jackson, Castillo, Lake, Olt.

Possible pick ups: Cueto.

Jon5
Premium Member
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL

Jon5

Premium Member

I'm actually looking forward to this season for the first time in years. I even want to go to a few games this year. I'm going to wait until the construction is done though assuming it ever is.
Jon5

Jon5 to VegasMan

Premium Member

to VegasMan
So the bull pen is still awful. How do you blow a 6-2 lead in the f*cking 9th? JESUS!

StepR
Code Warrior
Premium Member
join:2000-11-06
Elgin, IL

StepR

Premium Member

The bull pen is what sank the Cubs in April 2-3 years ago, think Marmol and Wood. I had to turn it off and start the mesquite wood and charcoal for the pork roast. Looking forward to the next homestand end of April. Some night games against Pittsburgh. Interested?

Frustrating that every night the games are on a different station.

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

1 recommendation

andyross to VegasMan

MVM

to VegasMan
This should be a good year. "Back to the Future" said so:
»backtothefuture.wikia.co ··· d_Series

VegasMan
Living the Vegas life.
Premium Member
Las Vegas, NV
·CenturyLink

VegasMan

Premium Member

Can someone explain why you would remove a pitcher after 7 innings and only 90 pitches? He had dominated the Sox all day. He was the first batter in the bottom of the 8th so you were only using Rondon for 1 inning. Let him pitch the 8th then pinch hit for Hendricks.
Lift him let the BP come in and lose the game, just ridiculous in my book.

I question Maddons choices on when to remove a pitcher. It has happened at least 8 times this year when a starter was doing good and he removed him only to have the BP blow it that very inning.

ILpt4U
Premium Member
join:2006-11-12
Saint Louis, MO
ARRIS TM822
Asus RT-N66

ILpt4U to VegasMan

Premium Member

to VegasMan
With the NL Wild Card due up tomorrow night, this thread needs revived

Arrieta is going to get it done!

The Cubbies have a World Series to win this year!
said by VegasMan:

We need pitching. The starting five Lester is a true #1 but the rest of the cast are #3's or worse

Oh, the difference the Season makes. Arrieta made himself a pretty solid #1!

VegasMan
Living the Vegas life.
Premium Member
Las Vegas, NV

VegasMan

Premium Member

I still think we need pitching. One year doesn't make a star. Also two studs are nice but three would be better.

cbrigante2
Wait til Next Year
Premium Member
join:2002-11-22
North Aurora, IL

cbrigante2

Premium Member

I'd say Arrieta had a pretty great 2nd half last year too. I think it's safe to say he's a solid #1 starter now. For a 5 game series against the Cards...we need Lester to repeat some of that beat the Cards in the postseason magic he had a couple of years ago.

StepR
Code Warrior
Premium Member
join:2000-11-06
Elgin, IL

1 edit

StepR to VegasMan

Premium Member

to VegasMan
Woo! Cubs win playoff game. The Cubs played like the Cardinals, scoring on well-placed bunts. And the Cardinals fielded them like the Cubs.

Looking forward to Monday afternoon/evening. Maybe I'll head there Tuesday too, could be the clincher.

edit: typo-missed word

ILpt4U
Premium Member
Saint Louis, MO

1 edit

ILpt4U

Premium Member

I'm ready for Arrieta Postseason Game 2 Monday!

That 2nd inning tonight was weird - posting 3 runs, without a ball leaving the Infield. In the Big Leagues. Postseason. Thats a bit weird...

insomniac
Oh Yeah
Premium Member
join:2002-09-22
Naperville, IL

insomniac to VegasMan

Premium Member

to VegasMan
It was a great year to buy into a bleacher season ticket package with a couple friends. And then my name came up for the postseason ticket presale.

I'll be in the upper deck Monday and the bleachers Tuesday.

cbrigante2
Wait til Next Year
Premium Member
North Aurora, IL

cbrigante2 to ILpt4U

Premium Member

to ILpt4U
Yeah it was weird but I was loving every minute of it. Just hoping Bryant and Rizzo can dig out of the slumps they are in soon. With those two hitting, I think we are very hard to beat, even when the Cards are hitting.
cbrigante2

cbrigante2 to insomniac

Premium Member

to insomniac
said by insomniac:

I'll be in the upper deck Monday and the bleachers Tuesday.

Wow! Great timing on those tickets! I have a friend who has a 4 ticket package behind home plate a bit. They sell them as a business. I didn't bother to ask on these playoff tickets but assume they could pay for the whole season with 1 game.

insomniac
Oh Yeah
Premium Member
Naperville, IL

insomniac

Premium Member

Yep. My friend's number came up on the waiting list last October, right before the Maddon rumors started. We jumped on that and got two bleacher tickets.

I paid $68 each for four tickets in 532 row 9 for Monday. Last time I checked, tickets in my row were starting at $320 on StubHub.

ILpt4U
Premium Member
Saint Louis, MO
ARRIS TM822
Asus RT-N66

ILpt4U

Premium Member

Jake may not have been perfect tonight, but the bats heated up behind him. 6 different Cubbies hitting 6 Dingers for a Postseason record -- Wow

Of course, a strong wind blowing out probably assisted a bit...

On to Game 4!

TBS does know there are Lights at Wrigley Field these days, right? Why have a playoff game start at 3:30? Really can't do a 5 or 6 PM start?!?

cbrigante2
Wait til Next Year
Premium Member
North Aurora, IL

cbrigante2

Premium Member

I think it's more MLB's schedule. I know the Houston/KC game got the early start yesterday so I guess it's our turn today. Given what TBS probably had to cough up to broadcast it, I can't say I blame them for not wanting games to overlap.
cbrigante2

cbrigante2 to ILpt4U

Premium Member

to ILpt4U
I was thinking Jake did as good as one could expect with that wind. His only real mistakes were those two lead off walks that both scored. He still ended up with 9 K which is impressive given the innings he pitched.

ILpt4U
Premium Member
Saint Louis, MO
ARRIS TM822
Asus RT-N66

ILpt4U to cbrigante2

Premium Member

to cbrigante2
Looks like MLB and TBS is giving the NLCS/Cubs vs Mets, the Primetime slot for the LCS round. Makes sense, 2 biggest US media markets left vs Canadian team and KC.

I think TBS/Turner is going to get a little better LCS ratings than Fox/FS1

Saturday night in the Big Apple up next!
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

It is the competition between the ''NY City Slices'' and the ''Chicago Square Cuts''. The amount of advertising dollars flowing into that competition is going to be very large.

There are people in Atlanta Braves territory realizing that they are technically supposed to be rooting for the NL East Division contender, the NY Mets, against the NL Central Division contender, the Chicago Cubs. Shocking.

cbrigante2
Wait til Next Year
Premium Member
North Aurora, IL

cbrigante2

Premium Member

Yeah good point. The pizza debate will go on. Chicago style vs. Nathan's Famous. NY style cheesecake vs Portillos chocolate cake shake. Is the mayors bet made yet? Lol

Jon5
Premium Member
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL

1 recommendation

Jon5

Premium Member

said by cbrigante2:

Yeah good point. The pizza debate will go on. Chicago style vs. Nathan's Famous. NY style cheesecake vs Portillos chocolate cake shake. Is the mayors bet made yet? Lol

All I have to say about this is.... Fuck NY. GO CUBS!

insomniac
Oh Yeah
Premium Member
Naperville, IL

1 edit

insomniac to ILpt4U

Premium Member

to ILpt4U
said by ILpt4U:

Looks like MLB and TBS is giving the NLCS/Cubs vs Mets, the Primetime slot for the LCS round. Makes sense, 2 biggest US media markets left vs Canadian team and KC.

TBS put up a slide last night saying that Tuesday's game would be in the afternoon. All others should be primetime, though.

EDIT: And now the Cubs contradict that, now confirming all three home games will be in primetime. Good. As it should be.
davidhoffman
Premium Member
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman to cbrigante2

Premium Member

to cbrigante2
The Chicago Mayor is busy with Chicago Public School Board embezzlement/kickback situation. Somebody may have to remind him to make the bet.

Chicago style allows you to get your nutritious vegetables, thus you can have a balanced meal: Two char-dogs dragged through the entire garden, large fries, and a large vanilla shake or lemonade.

NY style cheesecake is better in my humble opinion.

Bink63
Namedrop THIS
Premium Member
join:2002-10-06
Everywhere

Bink63

Premium Member

Look hater, go troll Twitter.

The bet is made, but DeBlase` is too much of a cat crotch to respond. Sorry about your Bravos and move on.

GO CUBS GO!!!
davidhoffman
Premium Member
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

Not a hater. I am disappointed that my childhood hometown is such a mess. Similar to the disaster that is Atlanta, which had their own school system meltdown with a cheating scandal. When I attended CPS we thought the system was actually getting better. Those were the early years of magnet schools and upgrades to science programs as a way to avoid some stricter court ordered changes.

The Braves I pay attention to, but not as much as the Cubs and the White Sox. The yearly hope of a subway series. Rode the CTA trains past both ballparks many times. Went to a few games. Listened in on a battery powered portable radio. Watched the old Comiskey park get replaced. I watched the rooftop viewing of Cubs games go from a few families with folding lawn chairs to elaborate multilevel stands. Waved hello to Ernie Banks in a restaurant on Jeffery Avenue.

The shock is not that the Braves are out of the competition, that was somewhat expected, it is that it is the Mets and the Cubs that ended up in it.
Long time Braves baseball fans here are having to familiarize themselves with two teams they normally never pay much attention to.

I hope you have a good viewing for the series, either at home or at Wrigley Field.

cbrigante2
Wait til Next Year
Premium Member
North Aurora, IL

cbrigante2

Premium Member

I didn't look at your posts as "hater" style. I actually laughed a bit as I read it. Anyone who likes a hot dog dragged through the garden is okay in my book.
Go Cubs!

ILpt4U
Premium Member
Saint Louis, MO
ARRIS TM822
Asus RT-N66

ILpt4U

Premium Member

The 2015 ride may be over tonight. If it is, hell of a season - Overachieved.

I hope the Cubs can climb out of the 0-3 hole, but in any event, I'm a proud Cubbies fan for the show these guys (players, coaches, front office, ownership) all worked on and gave us fans this Spring, Summer, and early Fall

And hopefully a sign of more Winning Baseball to come!

GO CUBS GO!!!

VegasMan
Living the Vegas life.
Premium Member
Las Vegas, NV
·CenturyLink

1 edit

1 recommendation

VegasMan

Premium Member

A look to next year and what is needed.
1. Another top rated pitcher
2. The guy we got for the big game to win some of those games. Looking at you Lester. In your last 3 big games you are 0-3 going back to Oakland 2014.
3. The youngsters to show up and play as good or better next year. Hoping that Schwarber isn't a Geo Soto.
4. Spring training practice of nothing but Lester throwing to 1st base on his off days from pitching.
5. Might need a lead off guy, Fowler is a free agent.
6. Get rid of the personal catcher for Lester. You can't go into the playoffs with two guys in your lineup that couldn't hit for their weight.
7. Have the whole team try the workout regimen that Arrieta uses. Not about building muscle but flexibility.
8. Have the whole team learn the Heimlich maneuver. Big choke against the Mets. As I write this it is now 6-0 in the 2nd.

EDIT: Now I guess we are going to watch a team try to hit 7-run homers.
Rizzo and Bryant have really pressed in both series. With Rizzo it has been a strikeout or a weak grounder to 1st. Bryant is weak flyouts and K's.

Nuckfuts
Premium Member
join:2003-10-18
Joliet, IL

Nuckfuts

Premium Member

Hey, at least you did not have to say "Wait til next year" until October=) This young team has a ton of potential but with the Cubs futile history older Cub fans are always gonna be skeptical. We will see next year. Good job!!