It's a new Silvanos experience
Premium Member
join:2002-10-07
Tonawanda, NY

Silvanos to wutsinterweb3

Premium Member

to wutsinterweb3

Re: What's the problem with Samsung S5?

Not a fan of the Galaxy phones in the past but the design of the S6 edge along with the reduction of the touch wiz has me looking at the phones for the first time.

I don't need a removable battery and I don't understand why a sd card is even needed (I stream most of my media) I also don't use cases on my phones so I like a nicely designed phone.

wutsinterweb3
End Citizen's United
Premium Member
join:2014-08-26
USA

wutsinterweb3

Premium Member

I care about function much more than form. A cell phone is a tool. I don't buy diamond encrusted hammers, either.
Nanaki (banned)
aka novaflare. pull punches? Na
join:2002-01-24
Akron, OH

Nanaki (banned) to Silvanos

to Silvanos
For protection i would put some clear small bumpers like you put on drawers in your kitchen to protect the face and back in case of a drop. You wont have a big bulky case and have a good measure of protection.

Like these

»www.amazon.com/gp/produc ··· 9YV5X013
one each corner front glass and back glass.
DarkSithPro (banned)
join:2005-02-12
Tempe, AZ

DarkSithPro (banned) to wutsinterweb3

to wutsinterweb3
said by wutsinterweb3:

I care about function much more than form. A cell phone is a tool. I don't buy diamond encrusted hammers, either.

So no problem driving to work in a clown car with pink pokidots? It functions just fine, right?

wutsinterweb3
End Citizen's United
Premium Member
USA

wutsinterweb3

Premium Member

I think you mean polkadots. Frankly, I just don't think it's very macho worrying about how stylish a guy is, that's a girl thing. It's a phone for crying out loud, not a statement. Do you really think having a stylish phone makes other guys respect you more?
wutsinterweb3

wutsinterweb3

Premium Member

A guy might think "wow, he's very vain worrying about his image", and women would think even less. Look at me, Look at ME!
Nanaki (banned)
Akron, OH

Nanaki (banned) to wutsinterweb3

to wutsinterweb3
Then the s6 should be the phone your looking at. 10 minutes charge equals 80 minutes talk. The phone fully charges in under 1 hour. Not only that but has very high battery life as well. You should be able to charge it fully and not worry about charging pretty much at all that day. Also it has wireless charging. This phone will end up with a holster that is also a charger put simply holstering the phone will charge the phone. We sell some 10 to 30 dolor portable chargers that are the size of a cigarette lighter that can charge most phones 3 times per charge. Meaning that for all intents and purposes your talking many days between putting the phone on a charge plate or plugging it in.
Nanaki

to wutsinterweb3
So you would prefer this then?

»mashable.com/wp-content/ ··· 00x1.jpg ? It works (ok not any more as it is analogue). Point is people want in general thing light cool looking phones. ME id rather have thicker and harder to break. But i don't want ugly bricks ither. The s6 honestly looks and feels like a sleek tank. The phone is crazy light yet it feets like it weighs 3x as much as it does just because of how well built it is. I would need to have one apart to know for sure but the t6 aluminum looks to be a milled block or a cast and polished block. It is not a sheet formed aluminum body like the iphones are. The iphone 6 and 6+ feel like they are made from a pop can. They just feel flimsy. The s6 feels like a solid block in your hand with nicely finished edges. It has no feel of a phone that is delicate and flimsy. The top and bottom on the front have a slight upward curve so that the metal body will hit before the glass. The back is slightly inset as is the front glass.

Will it break in a fall hell yeh it will. Hence my recommendation for small clear rubber feet.bumpers. No need for a bulky case. It is like this phone was made for these little feet instead of a case.

wutsinterweb3
End Citizen's United
Premium Member
USA

wutsinterweb3 to Nanaki

Premium Member

to Nanaki
I hear you. A few years ago I traveled across the country with a cell by bus and one of my biggest hassles was charging the phone. If buses and planes had USB charging ports it wouldn't be such an issue. My crappy 4S can't really make it through a day as it is. But back when I had a flip phone I was able to go 3 days, I know it's not apples to apples, but a swappable battery is much more important to me than having a fashion statement. Call me practical. I also don't own a single pair of fashionable jeans, all my pants are work pants and comfort and durability is MUCH more important to me. I don't have a latent need to impress other men, and since I'm already taken in the women department, she's the only one I want to impress and she doesn't like flashy men either.

Don't get me wrong, I love beautiful design, but function is always much more important to me, and having to sacrifice function for form seems idiotic to me. "but it looks cool!" Oh?
wutsinterweb3

1 edit

wutsinterweb3 to Nanaki

Premium Member

to Nanaki
That phone also was flashy in its day, it was all about being seen with the phone, we only laugh today because today it isn't practical. Mind you, I'm also annoyed by some architects's ideas for buildings, I'm a fan of Fuller because he had a very function oriented mind. Sure, I don't want to buy a really ugly house, but even so, for the right price and right community, I wouldn't care as much.

I'm this way about my woman too. Yeah, when I was young I was attracted to pretty women, and my wife is still attractive for her age, but it's what is inside her that I actually care about. She's amazing, she's got personality in spades, the best person I've ever known, and she loves me! I don't care whether or not she takes other men's breath away, I care about what kind of person she is.

Rich politicians that chase young blondes are the height of stupidity in my opinion. Vain and egotistical, and NOT to be trusted.
Nanaki (banned)
Akron, OH

Nanaki (banned)

said by wutsinterweb3:

attractive for her age,

Don't let her read this post or hear you say that hehe.

See though your still thinking in terms of the 4s that had crappy battery life even for its day. Todays phones on a single charge can run for just stupid amounts of time. My kindle is 2012 so a solid 3 years old clocked at 1.5ghz etc. It was a top performer for battery life on single charge under heavy load. I can still marathon a full season of what ever hour long show i want on a single charge and a little more. I got this thing used and i have used the crap out of it.

My moto g not a flag ship device gives me a solid 10 or 12 hours screen on time. My bosses g3 and his gfs g3 both last them all day and in to the next (they both never think of putting on charge at night. My boss had a s5 before this and it would last a solid 2 days and he is always on the phone. The s6 should perform even better battery wise and im sure it will. Now do like me and subtract say 10% from stated figures for battery life and you should get a pretty good real world battery charge expectancy. So lets say a phone claims 10 hours screen on time real world you'll see some where between 8 and 9 hours. Reason is simple while lcds are much more efficient than crts they still use more power when powering up than they do in say 5 minutes of run time. Just like a light bulb or any thing else. Even cars use more gas to start than they will in a mile. If your going to leave the room for 20 minutes your better off to leave that tv on or that light burning than to turn it off.

So when you add up a typical day on a cell phone where you turn it on and off a dozen times your battery will not last as long for screen on than if you turned on and left on. a quicky google shows most sites stating the s6 battery lasts just over 1 day typical usage.

wutsinterweb3
End Citizen's United
Premium Member
USA

wutsinterweb3

Premium Member

She thinks she's ugly and I'm too handsome for her, when in truth, I'm the ugly one. When I first met her, she took my breath away, now when I look at her I feel warm fuzzies inside. Non of us look like we did in our 20's.
Nanaki (banned)
Akron, OH

Nanaki (banned)

Very true im getting gray like mad esp my beard and am only 41 heh i think that is mostly working with phones though ....

IU would rather sit down to a good puzzle of spyware that can not be removed by a program than work on a phones screen. Or sit down at my work bench and build a cop from scratch or make a old fave of mine from many years ago a chaser drone to terrorize my cat. Guess i would need a cat first though

A chaser drone is a simple robot tracked toy that uses motion detection and or body heat to lock on to a target and chase it. You can also make them avoid being caught. Fun stuff.

Im looking at these quadropters and sensors and thinking hmm i bet i could make one that flies now heh.

Silvanos
Premium Member
Tonawanda, NY

Silvanos to wutsinterweb3

Premium Member

to wutsinterweb3
said by wutsinterweb3:

I think you mean polkadots. Frankly, I just don't think it's very macho worrying about how stylish a guy is, that's a girl thing. It's a phone for crying out loud, not a statement. Do you really think having a stylish phone makes other guys respect you more?

Some guys don't care what other guys think is macho and just want nice stuff...

wutsinterweb3
End Citizen's United
Premium Member
USA

wutsinterweb3

Premium Member

And what is nice stuff? For some that means a Fox News Blonde Bimbo, but for some it means something entirely different, what IS something nice? For some it is the image, but I trust people who choose function over form any day of the week. Looks is so 1980's...

It makes me think about this:

»www.huffingtonpost.com/2 ··· 00000063

Looks is relative, for some it's all made up. Even ugly people can be made to look better with lots of treatments, looks don't mean too much. I call a Geodesic house nicer even if it looks goofy, so "nice things" varies from person to person.

Silvanos
Premium Member
Tonawanda, NY

Silvanos

Premium Member

You keep saying function over form...

You say things vary person to person but then say if a phone doesn't have a removable battery it doesn't function.

Just like nice things function varies from person to person.

wutsinterweb3
End Citizen's United
Premium Member
USA

wutsinterweb3

Premium Member

Now, here, where did I say a non swappable battery doesn't "function"? I just prefer more features and less looks over less features and more looks. It's not that complicated.
nonymous (banned)
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned) to wutsinterweb3

to wutsinterweb3
Are you still on a family plan through sis? I have republic wireless 10 month so text and voice no data except wifi. Poor me.
You always say how poor top notch cell phones and plan. Stop being whiny,
Nanaki (banned)
Akron, OH

to wutsinterweb3
Also going to post as a seperate topic but with all the +s and -s with regards to the s6 brought up here figured those who were here in this topic might want to know this to

S6
Mathew Brack · Mar 25, 2015 at 03:09 pm
Free Netflix For a Year With the T-Mobile S6
John Legere is really the CEO that keeps on giving. With T-Mobile's latest offer, anyone buying a Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge with them will also receive a year of Netflix valued at $100. They have also hinted at other devices that will be included in the offer, could we see this as an offer across all of their contracts?

twitter

»twitter.com/JohnLegere/s ··· 97526016

Cheese
Premium Member
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL

Cheese to wutsinterweb3

Premium Member

to wutsinterweb3
I think the S6 Active will bring those back.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix to wutsinterweb3

Premium Member

to wutsinterweb3
Go with the HTC One M9

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-19