All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
diddypc
join:2011-07-07

diddypc

Recommend video capture card for PC?

Since my standalone DVR project is a bust, I don't have the $$s to invest in a higher quality standalone. Can someone here suggest a 4 ch pc capture card to use the existing BNC analog cameras I currently have? The pc will be dedicated. Do they make a card that has 12v outputs from pc power supply? Otherwise I'll have to come up with a seperate power supply for the cameras as well.
b10010011
Whats a Posting tag?
join:2004-09-07
united state

1 recommendation

b10010011

Any of these should work. Scroll down for four channel ones...

»www.newegg.com/Product/P ··· eSize=30

As for a built-in 12V supply. Were you planning on sending the 12V over the same coax your video is on? Probably not going to work anyway without some fancy power injector and splitter similar to what power over Ethernet uses.

Speaking of PoE you might want to just rethink your setup and use network cameras and power over Ethernet. You will get a lot longer distance, use cheaper and possibly pre-exixting Ethernet cabling and you won't need a video capture card.
diddypc
join:2011-07-07

diddypc

The kit that I had previously had a separate power cable molded in with the camera line. Since I have several of these available it would be nice to utilize them.