spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Bobnfg
join:2015-03-21
United state

Bobnfg

[Email/WebMail] charter residential

I am switching from Charter Residential and will lose a 20 year email @charter.net. Charter won't give any forward time beyond 30 days. Even though I have a charter business account.
Does anyone know of a way to extend the life of a charter.net email address, Charter tech support or charter retention department is useless.

Thanks
reader50
join:2003-01-23
California

reader50

Most ISPs are happy to continue an email address for $5 a month when customers leave. I haven't tried it with Charter, but it's an easy way to continue getting dough from former customers.

Perhaps you asked the question wrong? A whiff of money might make all the difference. "Oh, that's right! The email-only package!"
Techie01
join:2014-11-21
USA

Techie01

There isn't one. If you drop charter internet your email goes byebye.
Bobnfg
join:2015-03-21
United state

Bobnfg

Shocking how Charter doesn't see practical issues through their customers perspective and offer reasonable solutions. I used to be a fan of Charter, now I just want to get away from them.

dispatcher21
911 Where is your emergency?
join:2004-01-22
united state

dispatcher21 to Bobnfg

to Bobnfg
Use Windows Live Mail or Outlook, download your messages to that where possible and then backup/export your messages. Maybe Thunderbird does this too? I have never used it.

DaSneaky1D
what's up
MVM
join:2001-03-29
The Lou

DaSneaky1D to Bobnfg

MVM

to Bobnfg
Unfortunately, you're not dealing with a "Charter" issue, but an industry practice of residential Internet services.

Business service does not do this, but even offers you a chance to use your own domain as the main email. If that's not appealing, then the other suggestions of using a 3rd party email service is quite sound.

Since you know what you're faced with, you're now empowered to make the arrangements necessary to inform those that would email you of our new address. Just as moving across county/state lines will not allow a residential home phone number to be forwarded or kept indefinitely, this is much the same case.
iwinrar
join:2010-03-18

iwinrar to Bobnfg

to Bobnfg
Why not sync to PC with Thunderbird or outlook. Shouldn't take all that long... And this is exactly why I never used ISP based emails. Well that and they are often fairly crappy features wise.