Search similar:

uniqs
kkkk40us
join:2001-09-20
Astoria, NY
ARRIS SBG6782-AC

kkkk40us

modem

hi , apologize if wrong forum for this .

i want to get a modem that is at least future proof for the next 2 years. it must be able to handle speeds over 330dl and any increase that happen with time.

atm i have Motorola SB6121 and with RCN with 110dl and 20up

many thanks (fyi RCN increased their speeds to 330dl.. id dont think the 6121 can handle that speed)

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Internet download speeds up to 172 Mbps and upload speeds up to 131 Mbps based on your Cable provider service

What does your speed test max out at? It should be fine for 110 Mbps down / 20 Mbps up.

I have an SB6141, the newer model: »www.amazon.com/ARRIS-Mot ··· title_ce

Internet download speeds up to 343 Mbps and upload speeds up to 131 Mbps based on your Cable provider service

Note that it is a modem only, not a router.

Hard Harry7
join:2010-10-19
Narragansett, RI

Hard Harry7 to kkkk40us

to kkkk40us
A good rule of thumb is your want the hypothetical limit of the modem to be about double the speeds your ISP offers. Gives room for overhead and congestion in the area. RCN suggest a 8x4 modem like the SB6141 mentioned by Krisnatharok. The frustrating part is I can't find a list of BYOM compatible modems. All they specify is it's DOCSIS 3.0 but then go on to say its important its one that is compatible but never give a list of which ones are.

»www.rcn.com/dc-metro/hig ··· you-need

»www.rcn.com/philadelphia ··· wn-modem