All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
javi404
join:2014-01-05
Rutherford, NJ

javi404

Quantum TV - freezing, VOD hiccups, Remote control unresponsive.

Anyone else having these issues?

Last night we were watching an HBO VOD movie and after one of the stupidly short pause timeouts which we encountered multiple times, (making drinks, going for a smoke, cooking) it started the movie from the beginning instead from where we paused. I know we hit the 'resume' button because in the 2 weeks I have had Quantum, we have become like trained monkeys hitting resume for a treat. Also why the hell is the pause timeout so short? It feels like it gets shorter as the movie goes on or the more you pause it. I might as well just torrent fucking movies if this is the way VOD is going to be working. My medial player will pause a movie infinitely if I so demand it. Isn't this the whole purpose of machines to make our life easier and obey our demands?

I had the old school fios before the quantum upgrade and I can say these constant hiccups, remote control unresponsiveness and VOD issues are driving me and my SO crazy. Surely I can't be the only one suffering these problems. I am curious about others experience.

on the DVR:

Build 03.24.2
UI: 03.24.2 (3248.1)
Middleware Version: 03.24
Firmware Version: KA12.50.07.07Alder.439790
Platform ID: VMS1100

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Hopefully you've seen the 42 pages of us bitching about the same types of issues...

»[IMG] New Quantum IMG Build - 3.24.2 (1/26/15)
System

to javi404

Anon

to javi404
This topic has been closed. Reason: More suitable topic exists

See: »[IMG] New Quantum IMG Build - 3.24.2 (1/26/15)