spc
Search similar:

uniqs

N7AS
join:2010-05-29
Prescott Valley, AZ

N7AS

Pogoplug V4 as MOH source

I have a Pogoplug V4-A1-01 that I would like to use as a source for MOH (MusicOnHold) for my OBi1032 IP Phone.

It requires me to enter a SIP URI in the MOHServiceNumber field. Is there any way to get this to work?
RonR
join:2003-10-10
Ash Flat, AR

RonR

You could set up PIAF (»nerdvittles.com/?p=10560) on the Pogoplug and have it serve up your music file.

N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ

N7AS

said by RonR:

You could set up PIAF (»nerdvittles.com/?p=10560) on the Pogoplug and have it serve up your music file.

Is that easy to do?
And then just use it through a SIP URI as the MOH?
I have a 4GB MicroSD in a SD adapter in it now with just one 4.6MB .mp3 file. Does that card have enough capacity to do this or should I get a larger one?
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Lilburn, GA

mazilo to N7AS

Premium Member

to N7AS
said by N7AS:

I have a Pogoplug V4-A1-01 that I would like to use as a source for MOH (MusicOnHold) for my OBi1032 IP Phone.

Like RonR said above, you could setup a digital PBX System with a Music on Hold (MoH). Then, configure your ATA as an extension to your PBX System to enjoy the MoH.

Using FreeSWITCH, I have my MoH streamed using mod_shout as shown here.
RonR
Ash Flat, AR

RonR to N7AS

to N7AS
said by N7AS:

Is that easy to do?
And then just use it through a SIP URI as the MOH?

PIAF/FreePBX are generally very easy to install and configure.

You would upload your MOH file as a Recording and then define an Announcement that uses that recording. Set the 'Destination after playback' to be itself so that the MOH file plays repeatedly/endlessly. Then set up an Inbound Route that has that announcement as its destination.

Point the phone's MOH SIP URI to the DID number you defined in the Inbound Route.
said by N7AS:

I have a 4GB MicroSD in a SD adapter in it now with just one 4.6MB .mp3 file. Does that card have enough capacity to do this or should I get a larger one?

The Nerd Vittles article suggests a 6 GB SD card, but you can probably get away with 4 GB unless you want to start using it as a real PBX in addition to an MOH server.
twinclouds
join:2010-06-12
San Diego, CA

twinclouds to N7AS

to N7AS
said by N7AS:

If you install PIAF, you will erase whatever right now in the SD. The PIAF basic installation takes less then 3GB.

N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ

N7AS

Does the SD card have to be formatted to something other than FAT32?
RonR
Ash Flat, AR

RonR

said by N7AS:

Does the SD card have to be formatted to something other than FAT32?

You will be using Win32 Disk Imager (or something similar) to write the PIAF image to the SD card. This will totally overwrite whatever is currently on the SD card, so its present format doesn't matter.

N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ

N7AS

Does PIAF have Google Voice capabilities built in?
RonR
Ash Flat, AR

RonR

said by N7AS:

Does PIAF have Google Voice capabilities built in?

Yes, using normal XMPP (Chan Motif module). PyGoogleVoice (the old/original method) is also installed, allowing the use of callbacks in the event of an XMPP failure.

N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ

N7AS

Thats great. I just ordered a Sandisk Ultra 16GB SDHC UHS-1 Class 10 from BestBuy. I used a $5 rewards cert so the total shipped was $10.82.
What other programs do I need to burn the image and set things up?
RonR
Ash Flat, AR

RonR

said by N7AS:

I just ordered a Sandisk Ultra 16GB SDHC UHS-1 Class 10 from BestBuy.

I've used those in Raspberry Pi's and they've been very reliable and reasonably fast.
said by N7AS:

What other programs do I need to burn the image and set things up?

For starters, you'll want:

Win32 Disk Imager : »sourceforge.net/projects ··· kimager/

PUTTY : »www.chiark.greenend.org. ··· m/putty/

WinSCP : »winscp.net/eng/index.php

You should read the Nerd Vittles article and the links it refers to for all the details.

N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ

N7AS to RonR

to RonR
said by RonR:

PIAF/FreePBX are generally very easy to install and configure.

said by RonR:

The Nerd Vittles article suggests a 6 GB SD card, but you can probably get away with 4 GB unless you want to start using it as a real PBX in addition to an MOH server.

I was looking through QUI's techNOLOGY Blog for the Pogoplug...that's alot to digest just to put Debian or Arch Linux on the Pogoplug. I was wondering if I just go for a Rasberry Pi 2 or 2+ if that would be easier. I would have to get a MicroSDHC card for it. I guess 8GB would be enough or should I go for 16GB?
VoipisGreat
join:2013-03-25

VoipisGreat to N7AS

to N7AS
For those who're interested in a similiar project with the pogoplug, the V4 is now sold for $4.99 after rebate here »www.adorama.com/COCPOGOV4A1.html
RonR
Ash Flat, AR

RonR to N7AS

to N7AS
There's nothing complicated, tricky, or risky about running FreePBX, PIAF, or RasPBX on a Raspberry Pi. That's the route I took 15 months ago and I'm delighted with the results. Performance on the new Raspberry Pi 2 is extremely good (I don't believe there is such a thing as a 2+). 8GB would be adequate, but SD cards are so inexpensive, get a 16GB so you don't get tight on space.
RonR

RonR to VoipisGreat

to VoipisGreat
said by VoipisGreat:

For those who're interested in a similiar project with the pogoplug, the V4 is now sold for $4.99 after rebate here »www.adorama.com/COCPOGOV4A1.html

Good deal!

The rebate is Limit 6 and processed by 4MyRebate, a highly reliable fulfillment company.
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Lilburn, GA

mazilo to VoipisGreat

Premium Member

to VoipisGreat
said by VoipisGreat:

Nice. Thank you.