Blessed
MVM
join:2003-01-26
Westland, MI

usa2k to dJON

MVM

to dJON

Re: [VOIPo.COM] Reviews of VoIPo?

Absolutely not. I beta tested the reseller program, but never kept it.

Also know that in the early launch days VOIPoTim spent lots in preparation. The real public launch was delayed ... maybe as much as a year because of his determination to get it all exactly as he wanted. That says a lot to me about what they do to resolve operational issues. The website even went through a number of iterations, and different designers. I tend to view Tim as someone who aims for quality over speed.

The backend info that the beta testers heard about was also impressive. The data centers, and high speed interconnections are definitely high end IMHO. All my dealings are maybe a few years out of date since I faded into the woodwork.

Napsterbater
Meh
MVM
join:2002-12-28
Milledgeville, GA
(Software) OPNsense
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-PRO

Napsterbater to Stewart

MVM

to Stewart
said by Stewart:

For heavy users of international calling and for frequent international travelers, some of the BYOD companies are better suited.

If your usage is low (your home phone is just an emergency backup for your mobile, or a number to give people you don't want to hear from), a BYOD service will be less expensive.

If you have special requirements (e.g. service in multiple locations, separate numbers for spouse or kids, incoming numbers in different states or countries), BYOD services are more flexible.

VOIPo has BYOD as a part of normal service, just FYI.
Napsterbater

Napsterbater to FallenAnjel

MVM

to FallenAnjel
You can see my Review under my name on the left, but I have been with them for about 5 years and have not had a single issue, tickets put in for changes in services are always answered within a few minutes to just a few hours.

I have not one bad thing to say about them, have been extremely happy.
screenname
join:2004-08-12
Irvine, CA

screenname to FallenAnjel

to FallenAnjel
I have been with VOIPo for almost 4 yr (signed up in Apr 2011). I think I got very good value for the money. Issue can be resolved very quickly if you bring it to Tim's attention. If you count on their normal tech support channel, be prepared to spend a lot of time on the phone or email back and forth. Couple of recent examples:
»[VOIPo.COM] Can I use my own phone adapter with VOIOo.com?
»VOIPo replacement

TransitMan
MVM
join:2000-09-05
Dayton, OH

TransitMan to PX Eliezer1

MVM

to PX Eliezer1
said by PX Eliezer1:

I just read through a bunch of the Voipo reviews.

There's one post by an unregistered user that I don't understand at all: He complains of having to pay an invoice with a 3-day deadline. AFAIK the company does not "invoice" anyone, you pay upfront with a credit card or similar.

As a VOIPo user, I can attest to getting an email invoice 3 to 5 days before the due date for service. Since They already have my credit card info, I file it away. Then I get an email stating the charges went through, no problem. I file this one away.

I find that getting a "reminder" notice is not a big deal and keeps me on my toes about my account and what I pay out every month.
There service has had its up and downs, but right now, for me at least, it is smooth sailing.
lmartin12
join:2014-12-19
Ezel, KY

lmartin12 to FallenAnjel

to FallenAnjel
said by FallenAnjel:

The only thing I do is use "find me" with optimum. My cell phone rings simultaneously with my home phone for when I'm not home.

That is another reason I went away from Voipo. As of last fall their simulring does not work if another Voipo customer calls you. For all other calls voicemail on your cell will screw it up. I have tried simulring with Voipo, Phone Power, Callcentric, and Anveo. Of those four, Voipo drastically has the worst simulring and Anveo drastically has the best simulring. Anveo has voicemail guard and it works with all calls. If you need find me/ simulring then definitely don't use Voipo unless they changed something since last fall.

GeekJedi
RF is Good For You
Premium Member
join:2001-06-21
Mukwonago, WI
ARRIS TM1602
Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)
Ooma Telo

GeekJedi to FallenAnjel

Premium Member

to FallenAnjel
I recently tried switching to Anveo using their "just right" plan with my Obi 202. It wasn't more than a month or two and here I am going back to VOIPo. I've been with them for years and was perfectly happy - I just got caught up in all the bells and whistles that Anveo has. (Though it's very frustrating to click on a feature, only to find that it's not available on the "just right" plan, nor can you add it a la carte).

What impressed me most is that I shot off an email to Tim to ask if there was any potential pitfalls with porting my number back and not only did I get a reply, he engaged me in a very thoughtful conversation about my decision to leave VOIPo and then return. That was impressive.

I think the only feature from Anveo that I really wish VOIPo had is the "disconnected ATA" alert. It would be great to know that my ATA hasn't checked in before calls start coming to my cell. That's a minor thing though.
lmartin12
join:2014-12-19
Ezel, KY

lmartin12

said by GeekJedi:

I recently tried switching to Anveo using their "just right" plan with my Obi 202. It wasn't more than a month or two and here I am going back to VOIPo.

True. Anveo's Obi plans are bare-bones. The price is almost nothing too. You get what you pay for. Go with Anveo's regular plans and they are great. I have their starter plan. I would no recommend anything less.
bbear2
Premium Member
join:2003-10-06
dot.earth

bbear2 to 79176722

Premium Member

to 79176722
said by 79176722:

I personally think VoIPO is too cheap myself, but...

By "cheap" I assume you mean inexpensive. If so, then would you feel better about acompany that is expensive? Equating price with quality?
bbear2

bbear2 to FallenAnjel

Premium Member

to FallenAnjel
said by FallenAnjel:

... The only thing I do is use "find me" with optimum. My cell phone rings simultaneously with my home phone for when I'm not home.

VOIPo has a simulring option that will ring in order or ring up to 3 numbers at once.
79176722 (banned)
VoIP.ms, Magento, and lotsa open tabs
join:2015-02-19
Miami, FL

79176722 (banned) to bbear2

to bbear2
said by bbear2:

By "cheap" I assume you mean inexpensive. If so, then would you feel better about acompany that is expensive? Equating price with quality?

For me, if a VoIP provider is not "too cheap", then it is not immediately "rip off expensive", but rather first it's "less cheap", then "neither cheap nor expensive", then "not too expensive", and only then "too expensive".

But yeah, higher price normally allows for a higher quality. I'm talking about when you're getting the best bang for the buck for every price-point; I'm not talking about the worst or even mediocre service you can get for $20/mo.