spc
Search similar:

uniqs

nineinchnerd
join:2001-12-31
Virginia Beach, VA

nineinchnerd

Cox hating on Facebook now?

It started today. Every shared story I click on to go to the site, gives me this message:

Dear Valued Cox Customer,
You have been taken to this page because you followed a link in a fraudulent email. This email was not from Cox Communications.

Occasionally, Cox customers receive emails masquerading as Cox Communications and requesting account information. Usually they urgently ask for you to update your billing information, and request credit card and other personal or account information.

Please understand that Cox will never request our customers' personal financial or account information via email.

Email of this type is called "phishing." These emails are illegal attempts to collect confidential information from internet users. When detected, Cox takes immediate action to insure that access to these sites is first blocked from the Cox network, and then works with hosting ISP's to terminate the accounts.

For more information in combating online fraud or to file a complaint, visit »onguardonline.gov .

Regards,
Cox Communications
Your Friend in the Digital Age

Hard Harry7
join:2010-10-19
Narragansett, RI

Hard Harry7

Easy fix might be to just use non Cox DNS. But I don't fully understand the problem. By "shared story" do you mean things people share on your wall? Could you share one of the links that errors to see if I can replicate?

MarkRH
Premium Member
join:2005-02-08
Edmond, OK

MarkRH to nineinchnerd

Premium Member

to nineinchnerd
Facebook seems ok here.
mmmm_beer
join:2002-03-14
Scottsdale, AZ

mmmm_beer to nineinchnerd

to nineinchnerd
You might have a virus/malware that hijacks the links you are clicking and redirects them to sites that the COX DNS servers have flagged.
signcarver
join:2005-03-20
Phoenix, AZ

signcarver to nineinchnerd

to nineinchnerd
I have seen many stories in facebook that are shared actually go to phishing sites, some are trying to get your facebook credentials, some are looking for you to add them to blast all your friends.