Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav

Premium Member

Controlling or Freezing a CMD window

I am using a Lantronix application to access a Septic Panel thru a UDS1100
(control and monitoring software on an internal lan).

Besides the main application that works they have a three other side utilities that are purpose specific. Two of which flash up a CMD screen and then disappear so I have no idea what it said or what it is doing or finished doing.

I would like to be able to stop the window that pops up from disappearing rapidly.
Since thats probably written in the script, I probablly have no recourse but thought it worth asking.

»ltxfaq.custhelp.com/app/ ··· a_id/644

dsearch: »www.lantronix.com/ftp/De ··· arch.exe

dping: »www.lantronix.com/ftp/De ··· ping.exe

dlisten: »www.lantronix.com/ftp/De ··· sten.exe

Only the last one dlisten provides a screen which shows a listening function ongoing.

koam
Pink Pecker
Premium Member
join:2000-08-16
East Puddle

koam

Premium Member

Would taking a video of the screen help?
dave
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio

dave to Anav

Premium Member

to Anav
You probably mean a console window. Not all console windows run cmd.exe. If you run a console app from outside a console window (e.g. by double-clicking on the file in Explorer), the new process will get a temporary console, which will disappear when the process does.

The way to keep the output visible is to give the console app an existing console window, which typically means opening a command prompt (which gets given a new window) and then running the app from the command prompt (which then uses the existing console window).

If you are not the one running the console app -- its execution is caused by some other app -- then there is little you can do about it (*). If a batch script is involved, you may be able to change it.

(*) You might be able to substitute your version of theirApp.exe with your own program, that creates an appropriate environment and then executes the original program. But that needs programming, if no-one else has written such a thing.

Kalford
Seems To Be An Rtfm Problem.
MVM
join:2001-03-20
Ontario

Kalford to Anav

MVM

to Anav
Just open a command window, and then launch the command line utitlities from there. (make sure to set folder paths accordingly). Use a ctrl-c to stop dlisten. The other 2 utilities will end by themselves.

mmainprize
join:2001-12-06
Houghton Lake, MI

2 edits

mmainprize to Anav

to Anav
Delete, i was off base

Kalford answered above.