spc
Search similar:

uniqs
bluenote73
join:2009-02-17
Canada

bluenote73

Help, any Telus staff or connected persons - qualification tool

My address has always been a problem in the Telus qualification tool. Back when I signed up they didn't even want to sell me internet at all, I had to fight tooth and nail.
I need to get my address updated correctly inside it, and working through channels for a month now has gotten me nowhere.

The tool says bonded only for 50mbps, but my existing line is 60/15 attainable and 50 feet from me the tool says non bonded available. The telus box is also in my front yard. If there's anyone who has either an idea on how I can go about this or can help get it fixed I'd be very appreciative.

The reason I even care is I'm trying to transfer out to Teksavvy, and they only do non bonded connections right now. So, that makes it a little bit more difficult to get this solved. :/

Thanks
Symtex
join:2005-04-06
Burnaby, BC

Symtex

I am really sorry. I've been extremely busy. I'll see if I can get it fix
bluenote73
Canada

bluenote73

Oops, I didn't mean to be pushy by posting, I thought I was on my own, sorry.
No need to apologize, I'm happy to get any help at all. Thanks so much
Symtex
Burnaby, BC

Symtex

said by bluenote73:

Oops, I didn't mean to be pushy by posting, I thought I was on my own, sorry.
No need to apologize, I'm happy to get any help at all. Thanks so much

I look at your line and according to some of the number, it would be against advisement to do single line 50mbs on this pair. It would be unstable and I wouldn't do you any good beside headaches.
bluenote73
Canada

bluenote73

Could you elaborate? What numbers aren't good enough?
Also, I'm far more interested in having the service at all, and wouldn't cry about getting 45/10 or something similar in actual use if it meant I could get the service. Would this help?

anon8534
@telus.net

anon8534

Anon

Your connection would be unreliable. Not only will you have speed issues, but your modem will likely keep dropping the connection altogether. If you can't get it, you can't get it. How big is this "box" you have in your front yard? It's clearly not a DSLAM.
Lite_Me_Up
join:2008-10-14
v3b

Lite_Me_Up

How big is this "box" you have in your front yard?

According to Google, it's ALL yard.
That would explain the address problem.

ttvtech
join:2013-10-10

ttvtech to bluenote73

to bluenote73
The DSLAM might be in your yard, but cable might go down the street and back again. If you were connected directly to it, your attainable would be far higher than 60mbps.

Different tools show different attainable speeds. It's really just a guess, so there's a bit of variance depending on which one we're looking at. The one we go by is more conservative than the modem, and we have to assume that in the future the number of splice and amount of crosstalk will increase. This would make a line that's stable now become unstable. And we aim to set things at rates where they'll be ok indefinitely.

There was a period where there was minimal oversight as far as what circuits techs could upgrade. And there were lots of cases where modem's optimistic theoretical attainable speeds caused instability, either immediately or some point in the future. I've had to downgrade a fair number of people. Later on, a bit of oversight came in. We had to see 40mbps attainable before we were allowed to upgrade a customer to the standard 33mbps 3HD/1SD TV profile.
Symtex
Burnaby, BC

Symtex to bluenote73

to bluenote73
said by bluenote73:

Could you elaborate? What numbers aren't good enough?
Also, I'm far more interested in having the service at all, and wouldn't cry about getting 45/10 or something similar in actual use if it meant I could get the service. Would this help?

We don't have in-between profile in our activation system. It either 25 or 50.
bluenote73
Canada

bluenote73

I'm very disappointed not to get the service, but thank you very much for looking into it and the info.
bluenote73

bluenote73 to Symtex

to Symtex
I just noticed the line is actually running at 60/10 right now just fine. Just no QOS profile. Doesn't this make a difference?
Symtex
Burnaby, BC

Symtex

No it doesn't because there isn't enough overhead.
bluenote73
Canada

bluenote73

Sorry for being such a pain Thanks for your help on this.