spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Solanales
join:2015-03-25
Altoona, PA

Solanales

Upstream Packet Loss in Altoona

I'm in the Altoona area and have been experiencing upstream packet loss that comes and goes with times of the week. I understand that there have been issues with congestion in the area and while I do seem to have slower download speeds at times, that is something I can deal with.

What I can't deal with is that every 3-10 minutes (it varies greatly) I will see my upstream packet loss go into the 40-70% area. I have run pingplotter and other tools to verify what I'm seeing (lagging in games and having VOIP issues) and I can see the IP where it is becoming an issue.

I have called into support a few times and have had two techs to my house. One replaced every cable from my modem to the pole and the other said all of my numbers here looked good and referred me to regular tech support who couldn't help to begin with.

I've swapped modems, I've removed splitters, I've tried multiple PCs but I still run into this problem. It has been going on for about 2 months now. Has anyone experienced this issue? It's making online games and such unplayable for me and I'm wondering if others are experiencing this issue.
redpenguin
join:2010-06-17
united state

redpenguin

I have not experienced this anywhere nearly as much as you have in Johnstown but I have experienced packet loss upload once or twice. So I bet it is congestion.
mattbooty
join:2005-01-03
Altoona, PA

mattbooty to Solanales

to Solanales
I've had tons of download issues due to congestion in the area, but my up speed has been pretty good through it all. That could be different in other parts of the city though, each node is different.
mbarry557
join:2010-06-28
Altoona, PA

mbarry557 to Solanales

to Solanales
All my issues have been download related as well.
Expand your moderator at work

Steve123
@atlanticbb.net

Steve123 to Solanales

Anon

to Solanales

Re: Upstream Packet Loss in Altoona

I live in east Juniata and are having the same issues. im signed up for unleashed which is supposed to be 75 meg down a im gettiing between 18 and 20 down. voip problems packet loss while trying to play online games.
mattbooty
join:2005-01-03
Altoona, PA

mattbooty

I would kill for 18-20! Also signed up for 75 down and right now (Sunday evening ~8pm) I'm getting between 3 and 5. It's this way every evening. Lakemont area.