Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

VBuzzer rates going up from $25/year to $72/year

tl;dr: Rates going up from $25/year to $5.99/month. Anyone who doesn't accept the new fees will have their account terminated on May 1.

Dear VBuzzer Customer,

Thank you for being a valued VBuzzer customer. We want to make you aware of some very exciting changes VBuzzer will be making effective May 1st, 2015 which will impact your account.

Starting May 1st 2015, we will de discontinuing our $25 12 month plans as a part of our efforts to provide our clients the best offerings, flexibility and low cost plans available.

Our new plans are on a monthly billing basis. Your new package will include:

- Unlimited VBuzzer calling Canada-wide

- 60 VBuzzer World Select minutes/month

- Call Display, Call Waiting, Call Forwarding¹ and Voice-Mail

- New VBuzzer phone number

- Option to keep existing phone number²

- Free Calling Between VBuzzer Members

These changes will not cause any service interruptions. To update your profile and move to this new plan, visit the “Billing Preferences” section of your account. (Please click on Billing > Billing Preferences from the top menu bar within your VBuzzer account) which allows our auto-renewal feature to automatically renew your plan every month!

In the unlikely event that you do not wish to move forward with our new plans, we will be terminating your current plan/service on May 1st, 2015 at 10:00 AM Eastern. You will need to make arrangements to have your VBuzzer phone number ported to a new provider prior to this date.

For more information regarding our new monthly plans, please visit our website using the links below;

Canada - »www.vbuzzer.com/account/ ··· hone.php

USA - »www.vbuzzer.com/account/ ··· t_us.php

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact VBuzzer’s support team at 905.477.4459.

Again, we thank you for being a cherished VBuzzer customer and for your continued support. We look forward to continuing to serve you better.

The VBuzzer team

fparker
join:2008-04-28
Scarborough, ON

fparker

Not surprising, coming from the most customer - hostile VoIP company.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1 to Mango

Premium Member

to Mango
said by Mango:

- Option to keep existing phone number ²

What is footnote #2 ?

Is there an extra fee to keep the existing phone number?

Sounds like massive changes if everyone else is getting a new number.

My impression is that these guys market segment was outbound calling to Asian countries, is that right?
said by Mango:

In the unlikely event that you do not wish to move forward with our new plans....

Wish I had that kind of confidence during my dating years.
Mango
Premium Member
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

It looks like the part about keeping your phone number was copied and pasted verbatim from their website. My unproven guess is that it was an oversight and was intended for new customers.

It is interesting that they're terminating plans that don't upgrade instead of simply charging more, like everyone else seems to.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

said by Mango:

It looks like the part about keeping your phone number was copied and pasted verbatim from their website. My unproven guess is that it was an oversight and was intended for new customers.

Makes sense, their carelessness will cause a lot of confusion!

I don't remember them having a $25 per year plan. What did customers get for that price?

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium Member
join:2005-10-08
Boca Raton, FL

2 recommendations

N9MD to Mango

Premium Member

to Mango

... We want to make you aware of some very exciting changes VBuzzer will be making ... which will impact your account.

Impact, hell!! More like a nuclear assault. And I thought only politicians could come up with such spin.

... as a part of our efforts to provide our clients ... low cost plans ...

Somebody at VBuzzer flunked math and logic in reform school. Since when do low cost plans cost more than existing lower cost plans?!?!

... Your new package will include:
- New VBuzzer phone number

But I don't want a new number!!

- Option to keep existing phone number

Oh, that's better ... so now I get to pay again for my number. How can I refuse such a warm and fuzzy offer!

... In the unlikely event that you do not wish to move forward with our new plans, we will be terminating your current plan/service on May 1st, 2015 at 10:00 AM Eastern.

Or put another way, put up or shut up, literally.

... we thank you for being a cherished VBuzzer customer.

'Cherished' my a$$!  I cherish my Binkie; I cherish my Ken & Barbie Dolls; I cherish my pet earthworm ... Lumbricus Rex .... I sure as heck don't cherish VBuzzard! [The "V" is for Vulture!]

The VBuzzer ream team

Ream being the operative word.
kaila
join:2000-10-11
Lincolnshire, IL

kaila to Mango

to Mango
Wow, is this company under new ownership? They are completely upending their business model, possibly with new upstream partners since they are offering up new DID's.

I have no experience or secondhand knowledge of VBuzzer's services, but no grandfathering or gracing their existing base means they're going to be a smaller company come May.
akoei
join:2005-11-03
Brampton, ON

akoei to Mango

to Mango
I got the same email. I just renewed my buzzer me Toronto on Feb 28...
I don't like their new plan and I have sent CS an email asking for refund.
Mango
Premium Member
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

If you don't mind me asking, approximately how much did you pay on Feb 28, and what were you supposed to receive?
akoei
Brampton, ON

1 recommendation

akoei

I paid $25 for the next year (to Feb 28, 2016) Toronto number, include unlimited incoming.
fparker
join:2008-04-28
Scarborough, ON

1 recommendation

fparker

For $24/year you can get unlimited Toronto incoming from Anveo (although e911 is extra), and not have to deal with vbuzzer horrific customer service.
akoei
Brampton, ON

akoei

See it, thanks. If vb can't continue provide the old service, will move to Anveo

val
@start.ca

val

Anon

I called customer service to say I want a refund for the remaining prepaid balance in my 2 vbuzzer accounts(about 25USD), they told me they wont refund the prepaid accounts. Horrible company...wish I could sue them!
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

said by val :

I called customer service to say I want a refund for the remaining prepaid balance in my 2 vbuzzer accounts(about 25USD), they told me they wont refund the prepaid accounts. Horrible company...wish I could sue them!

Not worth the trouble, but consider it a lesson learned.

They have a high ratio of bad reviews on the website you are reading right now.
»User reviews - VBUZZER

And the bad reviews go back several years....

val
@start.ca

val

Anon

yeah, I know..lesson learned.
Should I port out my 416 numbers ? Very few people know these numbers, so it is not a big deal if I do not port them.
BTW, I am thinking to move to Anveo...hopefully it is a better company.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
Zubrowka USA

1 recommendation

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

said by val :

Should I port out my 416 numbers ? Very few people know these numbers, so it is not a big deal if I do not port them.

Really, a personal decision.

Might be a hassle. OTOH will you be able to even get "416" numbers again?
said by val :

BTW, I am thinking to move to Anveo...hopefully it is a better company.

Anveo, CallCentric, Voip.MS, and others are all good BYOD companies.

(And other than MagicJack or NetTalk, pretty much ANY company is going to be better.)

arpawocky
Premium Member
join:2014-04-13
Columbus, OH

arpawocky to val

Premium Member

to val
said by val :

Should I port out my 416 numbers ?

How many 416 numbers do you have?

val
@start.ca

val

Anon

i have 2 numbers
val

val to PX Eliezer1

Anon

to PX Eliezer1
yeah, i don't think i will be able to get any 416 number....unless pure luck or from kijiji

thanks for your input.
CatsEyeX
Premium Member
join:2014-08-20
Alviso, CA

CatsEyeX

Premium Member

CallWithUs has 416 numbers. I just got one.