Search similar:

uniqs

CosmicDebri
Still looking for intelligent life
join:2001-09-01
Lake City, FL

CosmicDebri

Pretty Funny

I just saw a MetroPCS ad on the DirecTV advertising their Best Ever deal, and I thought it would be this one. But noooooo...... It was $50 Unlimited Everything.... and they encouraged consumers to hurry and get it before April something...... I wonder.... they aren't trying to rook people into getting locked into that before this one starts getting advertised??
tmc8080
join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY

tmc8080

They seem to claim you can get "4g" speeds on a "3g" phone.. see the details-- lte phones don't qualify.. so to make the analysis complete, they are trying to wring out all the usage they can out of 3g CELL HARDWARE by offering "full 3g service" (1-3 megabits up to a gigabyte) and then severely throttled 3g service back to the dialup days for the remainder of the month. - What do you think Verizon is doing offering tracfone 3g service for? They are decommissioning 3g and want the going away money.. so they offer limited contracted services with the surplus bandwidth while it lasts. Metro/Tmobile is no different with the exception that they will have fewer cells to upgrade since the footprint is quite small by comparison to a Verizon/ATT. 3g is on target to see a phase-out by 2020.

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz to CosmicDebri

Premium Member

to CosmicDebri
said by CosmicDebri:

I just saw a MetroPCS ad on the DirecTV advertising their Best Ever deal, and I thought it would be this one. But noooooo...... It was $50 Unlimited Everything.... and they encouraged consumers to hurry and get it before April something...... I wonder.... they aren't trying to rook people into getting locked into that before this one starts getting advertised??

Considering there aren't any contracts you aren't 'locked' into anything.

bockbock
@hcs.net

bockbock to tmc8080

Anon

to tmc8080
3.5G is still very usable.