Search similar:

uniqs
RajeshCO27
join:2015-03-26
united kingd

RajeshCO27

[Other] SIP trunking issue: authentication problems (CUCM and own

Hey,

I have built a PBX by using the Ozeki SDK and and want to connect it to my existing Cisco Unified Communications Manager PBX by using SIP trunking.
By following the instructions of this Cisco setup guide (»www.voip-sip-sdk.com/p_4 ··· oip.html) I have successfully connent the SDK to CUCM, but SIP trunking does not work, because of authentication issues. It sends a 403 response to the Cisco request.

Can anybody give me a checklist to debug or any tips that help to get ahead?

Thanks a lot, guys!

keyboard5684
Sam
join:2001-08-01
Pittsburgh, PA

keyboard5684

I believe people may be able to assist on this, but it is a pretty long and detailed response to this kind of question.

I do not know if you are troubleshooting the CM or the SDK device.
With the CM, you should see the peer and it probably shows authentication.
Either the SDK is not setup in the CM right, the credentials are sent wrong, or the credentials are just wrong.

If you were connecting a Cisco router/voice gateway to the CM, probably could help more with debugs. I have never heard of Ozeki.
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE to RajeshCO27

MVM

to RajeshCO27
May help to know what hardware type and version of Cisco UCM you're using? Is it off a Cisco Integrated Services Router (ISR) or VG-series
device, or is it one of those built off an HP server running Windows or Linux?

Could also try over at supportforums.cisco.com, there's quite alot of knowledgeble folks there over a wide range of equipment.

My 00000010bits

Regards

driz
join:2001-08-07
Louisville, KY

driz to RajeshCO27

to RajeshCO27
You need a cube (cisco unified border element) for sip trunk authentication in cisco land. You can use non-authenticated sip trunks without an issue. I currently have a sip trunk from my cucm to my asterisk pbx to handle all authenticated outbound calls.

driz
Cisco UC Engineer
CCNP Voice, CCNP Route-Switch, LPIC 2, CISSP