uniqs

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

We have enough road hazards to worry about, now it's saran wrap.

Be careful out there.

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Cars damaged by plastic wrap stretched across I-90
»www.kirotv.com/news/news ··· 0/nkfLG/

Back in 2010...

And That's Why You Never String Plastic Wrap Across the Road
»jalopnik.com/5719783/and ··· the-road

mattmag

join:2000-04-09
NW Illinois

mattmag

Can't imagine the result if it had been a motorcycle...
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to Doctor Olds

Premium Member

to Doctor Olds
whatever happened to harmless pranks like TP in the trees?
lawsoncl
join:2008-10-28
Spirit Lake, ID

lawsoncl to Doctor Olds

to Doctor Olds

Happened not too far from me. Local PD is talking about felony charges. Thanks for the other article explaining one possible reason for the prank. Personally, I think it was just absolute criminal stupidity stretching anything across an interstate. If it's the overpass I think it was, the speed limit there is 75 and people routinely exceed that. Yeah, image a motorcyclist catching that across the face at 80 mph.

aurgathor
join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA

aurgathor to Doctor Olds

to Doctor Olds
An ex-GF of mine was from eastern WA, and she mentioned to me a prank wherein kids (?) in idaho stretched a chain (!) over the road. It shouldn't come as a big surprise that she didn't have a very good opinion of idahoians, to say the least.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to Doctor Olds

Premium Member

to Doctor Olds
are they using multiple layers or is the speed enough to do damage like this with even one?
mob (banned)
On the next level..
join:2000-10-07
San Jose, CA

mob (banned)

a few layers, stretched tightly works best. You don't want it to be too thick, or it will be spotted before it is effective. Too thin and all it does is waste your time and effort setting it up.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

1 edit

Anonymous_ to Doctor Olds

Premium Member

to Doctor Olds
Click for full size
Not the worst thing i seen on teh freeway

How about a bicycle rack on freeway?

Not talking about a trunk or hitch mount nether

simulator to the one in the photo

This was on the US101/CA134 interchange.
I had been in the lane that it was in
but had a bad feeling so I changed lanes about 1/2 mile before.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd

Premium Member

It either fell off a truck or some idiots were playing a very deadly prank. But even in the lost cargo situation I cannot imagine any responsible driver not noticing something that big missing from their cargo area.
Kearnstd

Kearnstd to mob

Premium Member

to mob
said by mob:

a few layers, stretched tightly works best. You don't want it to be too thick, or it will be spotted before it is effective. Too thin and all it does is waste your time and effort setting it up.

The crazy thing is one of the root desires of this prank is to make people think there is an oncoming car in their lane. Which is a whole different ball of deadly. Even if they do not hit it someone thinks a wrong way car is coming and slams on their brakes and a stationary car on the freeway is another kind of accident in waiting.
dave
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio

dave

Premium Member

That was the twist in a murder mystery I read as a kid. Lonely narrow mountain road, the victim known to drive on it at night. Put up an aluminium-foil screen across the road (this was before transparent wrap). Victim comes round corner, sees "oncoming headlights", reflexively twists steering wheel, goes off edge of mountain. Murderers collect the foil and skedaddle. Perfect crime (except they left a tiny scrap of foil behind....)

I was very much impressed, as you can tell by the fact I still recall the basic plot elements.