Renters Sought After Massachusetts House Rigged to Explode
»www.nbcnews.com/news/us- ··· -n329601

dandelion
MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN

dandelion

MVM

Wow.. amazing it was found at all. What kind of crazy person/people do that?
MrkFrnt
join:2000-11-26
Winston Salem, NC

1 recommendation

MrkFrnt

said by dandelion:

Wow.. amazing it was found at all. What kind of crazy person/people do that?

someone unhappy with their mortgage lender for letting them borrow too much money?

cybersaga
join:2011-12-19
Selby, ON

cybersaga

They were renting.

So.... unhappy with their landlord. They put cement down the drains too.

tschmidt
MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH

tschmidt to Doctor Olds

MVM

to Doctor Olds
Wow that is creepy.

It is amazing the device was found before it was detonated. Who would be expecting that on a home inspection.

In the video there is red stain running down the roof - is that part of the vandalism?

/tom

killem
@optonline.net

killem

Anon

They should be executed for that but sadly it won't happen.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

4 edits

1 recommendation

rody_44 to Doctor Olds

Premium Member

to Doctor Olds
Red paint on the roof, thats enough to make insurance replace the roof. Concrete in the drains. Wow this owner has a hell of a payday coming from his homeowners insurance. Dont know that i consider a jug of accelerants a bomb tho.

House failed a prior electrical inspection and already had the power shutoff. If it really was the renters they did the owner one hell of a favor. Fishy thing to me is the wire spanned several rooms. Guessing that means a lot more damage. Lots of fishy details is what im thinking. Now the owner gets to collect rental income and have everything replaced before selling or having a big payday and selling the home as is. Only winner here is the owner of the house looking to sell it. I dont see a disgruntled renter handing that to a owner.

Since the concrete was in the drains before they moved out ide be curious if the failed electrical inspection wasnt a ploy to get the renters out. Electric off renters out with furnishing still there. Owner comes in the night pours concrete down the drain. So on and So on.

Having a electrician condemn the electric is a perfect way to get someone out. In the good old days some owners just had the cable tv service turned off to try and get them out, It would work sometimes to. Electric condemnation is a no brainer to get them out. House looks pretty dam good to be having the electric cutoff for code violations.
nonymous (banned)
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned) to Doctor Olds

to Doctor Olds
Wonder if the electrician claimed it was not to code so now needed a new 200 amp meter panel and a complete house rewire?
psiu
join:2004-01-20
Farmington, MI

psiu to Doctor Olds

to Doctor Olds
It's on Zillow, with pictures:

»www.zillow.com/homedetai ··· 12_zpid/

(they mentioned the cross streets, didn't take me long after that)
Mr Matt
join:2008-01-29
Eustis, FL

Mr Matt to rody_44

to rody_44
said by rody_44:

Wow this owner has a hell of a payday coming from his homeowners insurance.

Unless the owner purchased property insurance, for rental use of property, they might have trouble collecting on a claim.

Camelot One
MVM
join:2001-11-21
Bloomington, IN

Camelot One

MVM

There is nothing special about a "rental use" policy, other than not having coverage for personal items.
Nanaki (banned)
aka novaflare. pull punches? Na
join:2002-01-24
Akron, OH

Nanaki (banned) to cybersaga

to cybersaga
LOL ill see if i can find a link (was back in 01 or 02 so don't expect to but..)

Back in 01 or 02 there was a story here in ohio about a unhappy customer at a fast food giants store who was a construction worker with access to tons of cement etc. He poured many many many bags of quck set cement down the toilets while flushing them. The cement set up and plug up the sewer system from the restaurant to the middle of the street damages were above 250k. He broke in in the middle of the night after the franchise messed up his 60+ dolor order lol.

I get why he was pissed but um yeh he went over board there

Ill edit if i can find a link
foo11223344
join:2004-01-09
Tarrytown, NY

foo11223344 to Doctor Olds

to Doctor Olds
I don't get how they can't find the renters. It sounds like they don't even know who the renters were (don't know their real names). Something fishy with this story.

NS4683
join:2000-08-25
NJ

NS4683 to Nanaki

to Nanaki
What does "dolor" mean? I've seen your other posts with this word.

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium Member
join:2001-12-30
NirvanaLand

Coma

Premium Member

I'm guessing "dollar" ?
Nanaki (banned)
aka novaflare. pull punches? Na
join:2002-01-24
Akron, OH

Nanaki (banned) to NS4683

to NS4683
thought i fixed that along time ago. Back many many months ago i typoed dollar and now it shows up as in correct and wants to correct dollar to dolor lol

Yeesh this laptops keyboard is trash

NS4683
join:2000-08-25
NJ

NS4683 to Coma

to Coma
I see. In Spanish, dolor means pain. So I was getting confused.

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

garys_2k to foo11223344

Premium Member

to foo11223344
said by foo11223344:

I don't get how they can't find the renters. It sounds like they don't even know who the renters were (don't know their real names). Something fishy with this story.

I just assumed that the previous tenants either left no forwarding address or otherwise wanted to scoot without a trace and maybe left town. Consistent with the surprise left behind. I did not get the impression that the tenants were not known, I doubt the cops would tell the media who it was.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44 to Doctor Olds

Premium Member

to Doctor Olds
The article also says all people with access to the house is a person of interest. I take that to possibly mean the owner.

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

garys_2k

Premium Member

Oh, it could have been the owner, no question about it. I'm sure the police aren't discounting that possibility, as well. I hope they do check for actual rental income history and other records. With something like this I'm sure they were fingerprinting all of the bomb parts and pieces, and the walls immediately nearby, to see what's up with that. Very strange and yeah, the owner could make out quite well.

Also interesting that none of the neighbors ever saw actual people there, but one kid said he did commonly see cars idling in the driveway early in the morning so it's likely people actually did live there. Electric meter records would show that, too (especially time of day smart meter records).
System

to Doctor Olds

Anon

to Doctor Olds
This topic has been closed. Reason: Unsuitable for forum