spc
Search similar:

uniqs
kenandles
join:2002-12-06
Roselle, NJ

kenandles

ios App Store not resetting

Has anyone notice that the App Store shows updates badge but that they are all showing ready to open, but in fact they are not really updated, now happening on my iPhone and iPad mini

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

Yes, this has happened before.

Which version of iOS are you using?
kenandles
Roselle, NJ

1 edit

kenandles

8.1.3 iPad mini
8.1 iphone 6 plus

This just cropped up today, just updated some apps on 3/26 and all was fine

The apps that I left not updated, skype, slingplayer because sometimes these update can become a problem when updated.

If I am not having trouble I leave them alone, if it isn't broken I don't need it fixed

I think you get my drift and I do not want to update them as of right now, so to see them ready to open when I didn't update them left me concerned

Can't wait for ios 9 to clean up ios 8

Or be carefull what you ask for!!!

Thanks

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

If you update to the latest iOS, this issue will go away. (See: »iOS7 devices cannot update apps)

It might be possible that if you go to the app's own page/screen, you may be update from there. If not, try searching for the app, tapping on it and then updating from there.
darcilicious

darcilicious to kenandles

Premium Member

to kenandles
said by kenandles:

Can't wait for ios 9 to clean up ios 8

Most likely the same thing will happen in iOS 9 if you aren't running the latest iOS 9 release.
kenandles
Roselle, NJ

kenandles to darcilicious

to darcilicious
My main point is I didn't want them updated and to see them now ready to open without my doing concerns me

Some apps are best left alone

They are not updated they just show that they are ready to open like they have just been updated.

But when you open them they are still previous ver.

This will be a problem though when I really do want to update them because of no update button only a open button

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

said by kenandles:

This will be a problem though when I really do want to update them because of no update button only a open button

I've posted the workaround, so not a problem.
said by kenandles:

They are not updated they just show that they are ready to open like they have just been updated. But when you open them they are still previous ver.

Also, upgrade to the latest iOS and this problem goes away.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to kenandles

Premium Member

to kenandles
I had this yesterday. It eventually fixed itself...

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff to darcilicious

MVM,

to darcilicious
said by darcilicious:

Also, upgrade to the latest iOS and this problem goes away.

Maybe not. I am getting this problem on 8.2 and the 8.3 beta.

I just checked my iPhone again (running 8.2) and everything is now working. It wasn't 2-3 hours ago.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

Good to know!
andychrist
join:2005-02-12
Germantown, NY

andychrist to kenandles

to kenandles
Ever since iOS 8.2 my apps (have been trying to) auto-update even though I have that feature turned off in Settings. But because 8.2 has also fubared my wireless the apps all hang and then I can't even open them. Takes hours before the downloads can complete the connection is so bad now, Grrr.
kenandles
Roselle, NJ

kenandles

My mini is now updated to 8.2 and working fine right now but I may not be in the clear as Thinkdiff is on 8.2 with this problem

Will see what happens

Like to thank everyone for the help filling in the blanks

Ken

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

Thinkdiff had the problem and it cleared up for him after 2-3 hours per his post.

mareastrum
join:2006-09-10
Saint Louis, MO

mareastrum to kenandles

to kenandles
I ran into this problem with both my iPhone 6 and iPad mini (both 8.2) last week. I discovered if you quickly tap the update all option at the top of the page quickly before the update buttons turn to open, it will make the problem go away. Annoying but it worked for me.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski to kenandles

Premium Member

to kenandles
Issue I had was transitioning my wife from a iphone 5 to an iphone 6. Since restoring from her most recent backup some apps were dark and just said "waiting". I had to go in and download each app separately from the store. Not a major problem but I have never had that happen before.