spc
Search similar:

uniqs
RadioBob
join:2008-03-31
Severna Park, MD

RadioBob

MLB extra innings

Anyone find a coupon code for saving on this subscription?
kenwvt
join:2011-05-18
Chelmsford, MA

kenwvt

My advice - never buy MLB extra innings from any cable provider. Get MLB.TV directly from MLB and watch it on a Roku. You get every game in HD along with an archive of all the old games plus MLB games audio. It is often discounted and usually on Fathers day it is around half price !

MagScribe
join:2001-08-20
West Chester, PA

MagScribe to RadioBob

to RadioBob
I second that -- plus you pick the broadcast, home team or away. As not all broadcast crews are created equal, having to listen to some of the announcers is like nails on a chalkboard. Works great on my AppleTV, iPad, iPhone, etc.
skohly
join:2009-08-19
Township Of Washington, NJ

skohly

said by MagScribe:

I second that -- plus you pick the broadcast, home team or away. As not all broadcast crews are created equal, having to listen to some of the announcers is like nails on a chalkboard. Works great on my AppleTV, iPad, iPhone, etc.

I third that. It's the best value on the planet and you can take it with you
TonyD79
join:2010-04-08
Ellicott City, MD

TonyD79 to kenwvt

to kenwvt
If you buy it from your TV provider, MLB.tv is included.
skohly
join:2009-08-19
Township Of Washington, NJ

skohly to RadioBob

to RadioBob
said by RadioBob:

Yea but why pay more? It's around 50 bucks cheaper going to mlb.tv.
bsangs
join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ

bsangs

said by skohly:

said by RadioBob:

Yea but why pay more? It's around 50 bucks cheaper going to mlb.tv.

FiOS has basically matched that price for me the last couple seasons. And I've heard DirecTV will do that as well. And for me it's much more convenient - not to mention the better PQ offered by MLBEI - to watch them all on the same device. As a Mets and Tigers fans that lives in Mets territory, I can't watch the Mets on anything other than the local channel and flipping between inputs is a major pain in the ass. This gives me the best of both worlds.
Acct101
Premium Member
join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA

Acct101 to MagScribe

Premium Member

to MagScribe
I would never purchase MLB.TV directly MLB because between innings, you get dead silence. I'd rather get the commercials and tune them out like I've done for the past 50+ years.

eival
join:2008-07-09
Richland, WA

3 edits

eival to RadioBob

to RadioBob
i agree with everyone else, the MLB.tv is awesome and you can run it through any VPN to watch local games and the national games on FOX/ESPN during their live broadcasts, since they have one subscription for worldwide unlike all the other services that have one for US and one for rest-of-world

and the post season(and national regular season games) is where it really shines cause you can listen to the local radio hosts call the game, rather than the pathetic one-off hosts on TBS or FOX like Chris Berman or Ernie Johnson whos a friggen jokester NBA halftime host but gets to pull his weight and get the play by play spot to make pathetic calls, listening to him during the last Yankees WS run in 09 was so irritating. and none of the other guys are actually following the teams to give any insight other than vague info that dont matter

also i would recommend getting a setup where you can use your larger screen as a 2nd monitor from your computer since the browser player has much more features and options than any 3rd party streaming device, especially if you want to have multiple games, you can crop the browser windows and fit 4 default sized players(you can open the side panel in the player to make them even a bit smaller as well and work some "always on top" window management magic how you see fit) on a standard widescreen 720p+ resolution and manually set the bitrate to max or whatever, the highest HD stream only uses about 700-900kbps vs having a single player handle multiple streams which doesnt let you set the bitrate and looks like crap on any device