spc
Search similar:

uniqs

PicklesPro33
@internap.com

PicklesPro33

Anon

[Help] Bmw 325i 1992

Hey everyone, I got a new alternator in my car and when i went to use the radio it says code? I believe its 5 numbers because it beeps if i push 5 numbers. Is there anyway to get the code? Please please help!

Cho Baka
MVM
join:2000-11-23
there

Cho Baka

MVM

Is the Owner's Manual in the glovebox? If so, look to see if someone handwrote it inside the front or back cover.

PicklesPro33
@internap.com

PicklesPro33

Anon

I bought the car used and it didn't come with a manual.

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed to PicklesPro33

MVM

to PicklesPro33
»www.bimmerforums.com/for ··· -89-325i

In short - remove the radio and write down the serial number. Call or take that and the VIN and get the code from the dealer.

PicklesPro33
@internap.com

PicklesPro33

Anon

See and I tried that, but apparently its not an alpine stereo so they can't get the code? Its obviously the market stereo as it has a bmw logo on it.

CylonRed
MVM
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed

MVM

They have 2-3 manufacturers for radios - any dealer should have no issues getting the code. BMW has the code and the dealer has access. Any dealer can get it - don't just stop at one. IF none of them can get you the code then I would start contacting BMW North America offices.

callbmwhq
@optonline.net

callbmwhq to PicklesPro33

Anon

to PicklesPro33
said by PicklesPro33 :

See and I tried that, but apparently its not an alpine stereo so they can't get the code? Its obviously the market stereo as it has a bmw logo on it.

I'd just call BMW and ask how come a dealer can't service your vehicle. Aint like they are cheap. Why should you need to try more than one dealer? If they really can't get you the code, BWM should tell you, if they can but just did not want to help you, let them get a bad mark on the record.

CylonRed
MVM
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed

MVM

Unfortunately - some dealers are dicks like with any other brand.

Although - in my local town there is only one dealer to get warranty or recall work. We have a couple more dealers in town but they may have to go to the official dealer. If this is the case the dealer should tell them - but again - some dealers are jerks especially if they don't believe they will get work from the person.
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

Try
»www.getbmwparts.com

Give them all the details about the car including VIN, and any identifying marks/serial numbers on the radio.

Be clear, concise, & polite. They are pretty good about helping out, but don't expect miracles.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

3 edits

Anonymous_ to PicklesPro33

Premium Member

to PicklesPro33
try last 5 digit of your vin

the radio rarely locks since the radio is connected to the ECM and BCM (this is how you reset and change a few settings to the car)

if that does not work then you pay dealer to unlock it about 100-200$(in this case you might as well get a new radio with a cd(or dvd,bluray) player and get rid of the tape player for that cost)
Expand your moderator at work

PoloDude
Premium Member
join:2006-03-29
Aiken, SC

PoloDude

Premium Member

Re: [Help] Bmw 325i 1992

Just to pile on here, We have an Acura MDX. changed the battery then was prompted for the code. Fortunately we bought it new so I had the card with the code on it.
MY question is --- Why the need for the code. Aren't we past the days of stereos getting ripped out of dashes ? On my car it looks like the dash would have to be pretty well taken apart for the radio to be removed. At that point the car has probably been stolen anyway. so whats the point. really just seems like a hassle for the owner of the car.
Expand your moderator at work

quitaccount
DSLR sucks cocks
Premium Member
join:2000-11-13

quitaccount to PoloDude

Premium Member

to PoloDude

Re: [Help] Bmw 325i 1992

said by PoloDude:

MY question is --- Why the need for the code. Aren't we past the days of stereos getting ripped out of dashes ?

nope. it's running rampant here in north jersey because of all the heroin junkies. fuckers steal anything they can for their next fix. as for the "taken apart" part, they'll literally RIP it out WITH the dash.

as for the code, if it isn't written down somewhere, you're paying the dealer to unlock it. or trying a self-powered brute force attack that might take a while...........

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

Anonymous_

Premium Member

99,999 possible codes

drewis
Premium Member
join:2006-09-04
Hamilton, ON

drewis to PicklesPro33

Premium Member

to PicklesPro33
I know some manufacturers use 0000 or 00000

Car owner
@internap.com

Car owner

Anon

My car only has numbers 1-6. Thanks though

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

Did you try 123456? If not, take it to a stereo shop by Best Buy (the stores that install car radios), I'm sure they can help you out.

hurfy
Premium Member
join:2002-08-06
Spokane, WA

hurfy to PoloDude

Premium Member

to PoloDude
said by PoloDude:

Just to pile on here, We have an Acura MDX. changed the battery then was prompted for the code. Fortunately we bought it new so I had the card with the code on it.
MY question is --- Why the need for the code. Aren't we past the days of stereos getting ripped out of dashes ? On my car it looks like the dash would have to be pretty well taken apart for the radio to be removed. At that point the car has probably been stolen anyway. so whats the point. really just seems like a hassle for the owner of the car.

Seems they still get stolen no matter how useless. Someone stole the radio/cass from one of my classics. Unbolted it from the car then left the knobs and hardware in the car! 1st clue....car was never locked (window is infinitely more valuable than anything left inside) 2nd clue... it is a mini-DIN chassis. 3rd clue...the cassette has been stuck in it for 10 years So someone believed the broken cassette player with no knobs was worth dragging home, lol.

The battery shop hooks up a jumper to the OBD port thing I believe so the radio never saw the battery disconnected when I got a new battery. Much simpler.