B4Knight
Premium Member
join:2014-03-20
Colon, MI

4 edits

B4Knight

Premium Member

[Telephone] Long Distance Routing Issues in SW Michigan

I pay some of my bills over the phone and when I call the 1-800 number for companies such as Visa, Discover, Staples, and Walmart I can't seem to get through. I get an error message saying "All circuits are busy" or "Your call did not go through". I have to get an operator to transfer me to the number I want. Local calling works fine. This has been going on since about 8 a.m. today.

Anybody else having problems?

Update: I called Charter on my cell phone and got the issue escalated. Hopefully they'll call me back tomorrow to report their findings

Update 3/29/15: Joseph from Charter called me tonight saying that there is a routing issue with long distance calls to multiple popular 1-800 numbers. They had lots of people in and around my area call in reporting the same issue. They have engineers working to fix the problem and that they would call me back when the issue was resolved.

Pretty surprised that Charter actually called me back. I've never asked to be called back before, aside from confirming appointments. So far I've not had any negative experiences with Charters customer service. I hope that remains the case
Zappa2000
join:2001-12-16
Kalamazoo, MI

Zappa2000

Re: [Telephone] Local calls working fine, but long distance?

I had to call AmEx on the phone.. worked fine. This was around 5PM.

B4Knight
Premium Member
Colon, MI

B4Knight

Premium Member

Got a call tonight from Joseph at Charter saying that were was indeed an issue with long distance calling to many 1-800 numbers. Many subscribers in and around my area called in with the same issue. He said there was a routing issue and it had been escalated to their engineering department and that I would get a call back when the issue was resolved.

I'm quite impressed that they actually called back. I wasn't really expecting them to due to the usual rap cable co's get. I've been pretty happy with Charter for the past 3 years. I hope that will continue to be case
Zappa2000
join:2001-12-16
Kalamazoo, MI

Zappa2000 to B4Knight

to B4Knight

Re: [Telephone] Long Distance Routing Issues in SW Michigan

Huh, that is a new one, you must have complained better than the rest

B4Knight
Premium Member
Colon, MI

B4Knight

Premium Member

Lol! Probably

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958 to B4Knight

Premium Member

to B4Knight
I made a couple 1-800 calls since 3-27, which is when you first posted this and didn't have any problems.

FWIW though, I have Vonage for phone.