onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
join:2002-03-30
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

Comcast and Mac Mail

I have some folders in my inbox on my Comcast email. But they haven't imported over into Mail on the Macbook.
Is this a comcast thing where it isn't allowed by them? Or is it a setting I'm missing on the Mac?

For my Gmail account all folders have imported automatically when I created the account. But not so for Comcast. Any idea as to why and if so how it can be "fixed"?

haroldo
join:2004-01-16
USA

haroldo

I'm not sure, but I don't believe Comcast supports IMAP, does it? gMail does, thus the folders, etc. syncing.

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff

MVM,

said by haroldo:

I'm not sure, but I don't believe Comcast supports IMAP, does it? gMail does, thus the folders, etc. syncing.

Comcast does support IMAP:
»customer.comcast.com/hel ··· y-email/

Google is actually the one with crappy (nonstandard) IMAP support.
kitsune
join:2001-11-26
Sacramento, CA

kitsune

comcast only recently started supporting IMAP. So, if he had it setup as POP they wouldn't transfer.
kitsune

kitsune to onebadmofo

to onebadmofo
said by onebadmofo:

I have some folders in my inbox on my Comcast email.

It sounds like your comcast account is currently setup as POP on that computer. I would setup the comcast account a second time on that computer. As Comcast has started supporting IMAP it will setup automatically as IMAP now. Once it has setup copy the messages from one INBOX to the other. They will upload to the server and then sync over to the new computer.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
join:2002-03-30
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

I'll give that a shot guys, thanks.
onebadmofo

onebadmofo

Premium Member

Ok I didn't have to try anything cause it's already IMAP. But the folders still don't show up on the Mac's end.
I'm lost as to why they don't show up.

kitsune
join:2001-11-26
Sacramento, CA

kitsune to onebadmofo

to onebadmofo
Can you provide a screenshot of the sidebar showing the folders? If they are setup correctly it should automatically sync them. If they are under a section labeled On My Mac, they would not sync.