Search similar:

uniqs
tr0910
join:2006-01-03
Kansas City, KS

1 recommendation

tr0910

Where can you find the GF buildout schedule in Kansas City

Who presently has their GF installed and running?

We are on the SW Kansas side, Lenexa/Olathe and all I can find out is soon now. Some say it will be another 6 months....

What parts of KC are already done, and where are they working today?
tr0910

tr0910

It is very interesting to see the map of the apartments that have signed on with GF in Kansas City. In the downtown core, there is very dense participation with GF, but outside of that, it seems there is some pushback from the apartment owners. Some mention that they have agreements with competitive providers like Consolidated Communications.

Anybody know anything??
sjay1
join:2006-11-11
Cary, NC

sjay1

Try this link.

»fiber.google.com/cities/ ··· erhoods/
tr0910
Kansas City, KS

tr0910

Click for full size
Yeah, I had used that map too. It sort of tells you, but has no future schedule for our areas. Oh well, I guess we wait....

More troubling it the vast empty areas on the apartment maps in the Overland Park, Olathe, Lenexa areas. Is GF not getting the expected level of signups with apartment property managers?? Most apartments I talk with say they have no plans to go with GF. Or they have contracts with other providers that prohibit them from providing GF.

»fiber.google.com/cities/ ··· rtments/

See the yellow areas that is just full of apartments. The blue dots in the lower left corner have been on there for months.

Where are all the blue dots???
existenz
join:2014-02-12

existenz to tr0910

to tr0910
According to KC Star article, JoCo rollout should kick into full gear later this year. The core fiber infrastructure is laying down now but home connections supposedly starting end of 2015.

Currently KC, KS and Central KC, MO are mostly complete but noticed a lot of of apt buildings with agreements not yet complete. I hear buildings with slacker mgmt take much longer. North and South KCMO have started heavy rollout a few months ago.

From what I can tell, maybe about 100K or so homes were passed end of 2014. One report says they have close to 30K TV customers in KC (end of 2014), so maybe 40K+ including net only people. If so, that would be about 40% uptake of homes passed.
tr0910
Kansas City, KS

tr0910

said by existenz:

Currently KC, KS and Central KC, MO are mostly complete but noticed a lot of of apt buildings with agreements not yet complete.

But what about apartments without agreements at all. This is what I think the yellow means. Once you sign an agreement, you get a blue dot on the map.
existenz
join:2014-02-12

existenz

Yeah, is interesting they have lots of agreements in Central KC, MO but not as many apts/condo buildings elsewhere in metro. It's up to the building owners to pursue. With KC area now having 4 different Gbit ISPs plus TWC/Comcast/Cox bumping up to their top speeds, apt owners may be fine with that.