Search similar:

uniqs

landrover
join:2013-09-17
Martinsburg, WV

1 edit

landrover

[IPv6] New Customer, Congestion, IPv6 problem

Yesterday was my first day of service. I'm paying for Blast, 105. During the day at normal hours I was able to get 120 Mbps down.

Once 5:00 hits, it struggles to reach 90 Mbps at times.
I'm using a Zoom 5341J.

Here's signal levels:

Also my IP6 speed test is significantly lower.

Any suggestions or ideas?

owlyn
MVM
join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA
Netgear CM2050V
Netgear RBRE960
Netgear RBSE960

owlyn

MVM

That's all pretty normal. There are a lot of variables, but your results are actually decent. Normally, I get anywhere between 90 - 126 down, with the lower speeds being in the evenings when everyone is home and online. On occasion, I've seen speeds go as low as 60 down, but that is short-lived. IPv6 should be closer to your IPv4, but again, that''s not always the case. Your levels lok decent. Upstream is a tad on the high side, but nothing to be concerned about- just watch it as the weather warms up.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to landrover

MVM

to landrover

Re: New Customer, Congestion, IP6 problem

Yes, when speeds drop starting in the late afternoon or evening, most likely it's a sign of node congestion.

Another less likely possibility though, is that some streetlight or piece of equipment in the neighborhood turns on at that time of evening, causing/injecting electrical noise into the cable system and causing problems then.

If it only happens on sunny/warm days, it could be that the reduction of heating sunshine or the drop in temperature is affecting a piece of line equipment.

As far as the IPv6 speed test being slower: »[IPv6] any idea why IPv6 speedtests less than IPv4?

Though usually the speed difference isn't normally that much.