Search similar:

uniqs

georgermct
PERFORMANCE
join:2000-05-12
Fairfield CT

georgermct

Auto Renewel of Promo Pricing...

I don't want to ruffle any feathers here, because I always read how people are looking to renew their one year lock in promo rate and aren't always successful.

I got a letter today from Cablevision saying that my current Triple Play promotion is about to end and they are automatically placing me on a new 12 month promotion. Each product will be rising $5 more a month. I'll have OOL Ultra 50 at no additional cost (just like my last years promo).
New prices will be Optimum Gold $95.05, OOL $39.95, OV $34.95.

I usually call them when my promotion is about to end and just ask nicely if they can offer me any kind of deal...and they have for years been very accommodating.
Now I didn't even have to ask.

Is this something new? Is everyone else getting the same deal or is there an even better deal out there?
Just wondered because I haven't seen anyone here comet about the auto roll over into a new promo.

Ilsno
@optonline.net

Ilsno

Anon

This is what drives me crazy with Cablevision. There is no consistency in pricing from customer to customer. Why do some people get discounted promos and others don't? Cablevision executives have been quoted as saying they are through chasing the customer who bounces from provider to provider looking for sweetheart deals and seeks a subscriber who brings them consistent revenue. If anything, they should be more loyal to the customer who's been with them for 30 plus years.

NoPromosHere
@optonline.net

NoPromosHere

Anon

It's like the way they give out bonuses where I work. It just serves to antagonize the vast majority of employees.

MxxCon
join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY

MxxCon to georgermct

to georgermct
I received such letter a couple of years back.
Parth
join:2010-08-16
Poughkeepsie, NY

Parth to georgermct

to georgermct
We didn't used to get these proactive renewal letters until VZ FiOS came to our development. They must be very scared that we'd switch. Good thing too because if it weren't for the grandfathered/discounted Ultra tier, I would have switched last year.

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff to georgermct

MVM,

to georgermct
Does that mean your total is $170 before equipment? If so, that's not really much of a deal. The new customer promo for Triple play with Gold was around $130 last time I looked.

georgermct
PERFORMANCE
join:2000-05-12
Fairfield CT

georgermct

said by Thinkdiff:

Does that mean your total is $170 before equipment? If so, that's not really much of a deal. The new customer promo for Triple play with Gold was around $130 last time I looked.

Yeah, it's before fees and equipment charges.

adomingo
@myvzw.com

adomingo

Anon

I think it depends on your area. There is no Fios in my area. When my promotional pricing was up they refused to to budge on a deal.
rick0204
join:2009-05-20
North Bergen, NJ

rick0204 to georgermct

to georgermct
It is a transitional promo or whatever they call it. It eases the pain for one year and then you will be charged full retail price.
tmc8080
join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY

tmc8080 to georgermct

to georgermct
I think the reward is for maintaining optimum gold package or above for video.. there are some incentives for maintaining that.. let's say you were gonna get rid of video for example.. then you wouldn't be a valued customer and your broadband would go up at least $10 - $15.

Sprinkle Head
join:2001-03-10

Sprinkle Head to georgermct

to georgermct
Before my promotion was set to expire I called CV to see what we can work out. This time they would not budge. I gave CV the opportunity to keep me as a client. One day after I made the switch to Fios, I received the same letter. Had CV customer service said something about a letter I would still be a CV customer. Since my switch to Fios I have had 3 visits to my home from a CV representative, at least 10 phone calls and 10 letters offering deals. This is all about different parts of the organization not knowing what the other is doing.

As it relates to media content and services; (internet, TV, phone) I'm all about the lower price. FiOS and Optimum both work well in my area. No issues with either service.
Dampier
Phillip M Dampier
join:2003-03-23
Rochester, NY

Dampier

Cablevision reiterated today it is one retention promo per customer and that is it. You will get one year of transitional pricing and then it is full price forever, no negotiation. The loophole is to cancel Cablevision and switch to someone else for a year or two and then come back on a Cablevision new customer promo.
tmc8080
join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY

tmc8080

The funny part about that, is the money they spend marketing to you as a "NEW" customer who JUST left them is equal or MORE than what they could have saved just giving you the discount on another year's service. What incentive is there to switch back right away if you got a good deal to leave in the first place?

Ironic isn't it?

I think with Verizon (now), they'l either re-up your last deal or just jack you up to full rate-- there isn't much retention in-between. More than likely the rates they have now are HIGHER than the rates you started out with... just the cold hard facts there..

BTW, Verizon charges $8 router rental fee (just run ethernet and buy a router)and Cablevision $5 cablemodem rental fee. Welcome to screwing the customer over year 2015!

limegrass69
No Whammies
join:2008-05-28

limegrass69 to georgermct

to georgermct
I'm actually OK with this. The price should be the price. Yes, I understand that there needs to be some promotional gimmick to win you over from the competitor, but the idea of perpetual promotional pricing is ridiculous...not to mention that not everyone has the option of a competitor.

It seems that Cablevision is becoming less and less interested in competing for video business, which is smart considering the relatively higher margins of Internet service.