spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Satch
join:2009-11-25

Satch

[Internet] Tip For Wireless Internet!

Guys,

If you have wireless Internet and connection problems of any kind, before you do any kind of hardware/software updates, move your wireless router to a nice high spot. As high as it will go and if possible, close to your main computer, with the antenna extended upward.

My Wireless Router was on the floor, causing intermittent issues on my laptop. Moving it higher up made a strong difference in connection reliability!

Satch
scooper
join:2000-07-11
Kansas City, KS

scooper

Satch - how long have you been using WIFI ?

I've been using it since 802.11b first came out and put my access point as high as I could that very first day....

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

said by scooper:

Satch - how long have you been using WIFI ?

I've been using it since 802.11b first came out and put my access point as high as I could that very first day....

I really didn't have the heart to say that, it is good advice.

Hob
omghi2u
join:2001-02-05

omghi2u

Every manual I've seen always has placement recommendations. Always says up high.

jacko15
Premium Member
join:2014-07-31
Erie, PA

2 recommendations

jacko15 to Satch

Premium Member

to Satch
Satch! You da man! Read your post today and moved my router from the top of my desk up 15" to a shelf. I was getting just marginal speeds to my laptop on the other side of the house, now I'm getting the max speed I get wired to my desktop. Thought it was just my house and equipment. I even tried a range extender, but only got a little improvement. Now I'm streaming hd to my tv on the other side of my house. Didn't think a small move like that would make such a difference. Thanks!