spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Gnexus01
join:2012-12-05
Waterloo, ON

Gnexus01

Low Cable Volume

I've started to notice lately that volume coming from the digital boxes is oddly low. I know it's not my speakers, as they are often too loud when I play music or watch You Tube on them. The commercials seems to be little louder than the show you are watching as well.

Acrimonius
join:2014-12-06

Acrimonius

Hint: go into the box 'Settings' and for the audio output select 'Fixed'. Then manually, using the sound volume button on the front of the box, raise the cable box volume level to max.

Gnexus01
Waterloo, ON

Gnexus01

Just tried it, and I didn't get a fine enough control over the Volume. I guess I will just keep it around 65-75 for now. I've never liked fixed volume anyway.
LZYKNOWLEDGE
join:2015-03-02
Wasaga Beach, ON

LZYKNOWLEDGE

I believe your situation is that your volume on the Rogers box is variable and at the same time your adjusting your volume on your tv or surround sound system. so basically your volume on your Rogers box is low and on variable forcing you to put your tv or surround sound system on high. You say you have change the setting on the Rogers box from variable to fixed but did you restart it? Try changing it to fixed again and power cycle Rogers box. see if that works.

Dustyn
Premium Member
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN

Dustyn to Gnexus01

Premium Member

to Gnexus01
Audio Range: Narrow
Volume Control: Fixed

Gnexus01
Waterloo, ON

Gnexus01 to LZYKNOWLEDGE

to LZYKNOWLEDGE
I shouldn't have to reboot it for a simple setting.. The volume did go up, but I still can't get it just right on my speakers. I have more control over the volume with it on narrow and Variable
LZYKNOWLEDGE
join:2015-03-02
Wasaga Beach, ON

LZYKNOWLEDGE

Yes, your right you shouldn't but that is how they work. If you want to fix your issue change the settings then power cycle. In the end take the advice or leave it