dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Wintel
join:2009-02-19

Wintel

Does the USG support iPhone / iPAD IPSec VPN connection?

Hi,

Does the USG support iPhone / iPAD IPSec VPN connection (not L2TP)?

Brano
I hate Vogons
MVM
join:2002-06-25
Burlington, ON

Brano

MVM

USG supports IPSec, L2TP over IPSec and SSL VPN connections.
phayze
join:2013-09-17
singapore

phayze to Wintel

to Wintel
I think current USG model doesnt support ipsec vpn for iphone/ipad. They only allow l2tp over ipsec. I tried many times but unable to establish connection. Then i found this in their KB.

»kb.zyxel.com/KB/searchAr ··· &lang=EN
uussgg
join:2015-03-25
germany

uussgg to Wintel

to Wintel
IOS8 natively supports ikev2, perhaps this works. Regarding trusted certificates which you need to import for that purpose: usgs currently only are able to handle root/intermediate certs in sha1, for sha256 there is a bug and it is unable to find the certification paths, thus not validating trusted certs even if it has the trusted root ca imported.
Wintel
join:2009-02-19

Wintel to phayze

to phayze
said by phayze:

I think current USG model doesnt support ipsec vpn for iphone/ipad. They only allow l2tp over ipsec. I tried many times but unable to establish connection. Then i found this in their KB.

So that's mean USG can't support iPhone's IPSec VPN connection in the current firmware?
Wintel

Wintel

Can USG support Android Mobile 4.x IPSec Xauth PSK VPN connection?
phayze
join:2013-09-17
singapore

phayze to Wintel

to Wintel
said by Wintel:

said by phayze:

So that's mean USG can't support iPhone's IPSec VPN connection in the current firmware?

phayze

phayze to Wintel

to Wintel
So far i try, still cannot establish connection. But with l2tp/ipsec, i can establish vpn.

If you found ways to establish, please do let me know.
said by Wintel:

said by phayze: