uniqs

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

[Professions] Can we have 2 of the same building in the Garrison?

I'm just wondering if we can have two of the same type of building in the garrison.
Example:
2 Forges or 2 tannery types.
Reason why I ask this is because making the true steel ingots or the Burnished leather required for all one's toons can take a very long time with just 1 building type per garrison.
For example:
For all my plate wearing toons, I need 2400 truesteel bars.
For all my leather and chainmail type I'd need 3,200. And cloth type is also 2400.

I guess I could buy the armor need from the AH, but I suspect that to cost some serious gold. Or should I just ground raids in pugs and just hope for the RNG "god" favors me?

saillaw
Premium Member
join:2007-05-08
Dismay

saillaw

Premium Member

99.99% sure the answer is no. But I haven't actually tried it.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

»us.battle.net/wow/en/for ··· 98806895

According to that link, it just moves the existing building to the new plot. Dang it....
Ahh well, now to figure out how to get a few million in gold so I can gear up to at least 630.

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie

said by Snakeoil:

so I can gear up to at least 630.

Just chain run heroic dungeons?
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil
IDK who will need all those mats and for what? you can only wear 3 crafted pieces, that's about 300 bars/leathers, if it was making bags and selling them perhaps..

2 tips: put a follower on them, and get the rush work order scrolls

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

So you can't wear a full set of crafted gear? That's a relief then.
Snakeoil

Snakeoil to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie
I hate running dungeons, because I often feel like I'm being "carried" and not pulling my weight. But I guess I could do pug runs. That way I won't look to bad, lol.
djlar

djlar to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil
Yeah but you can craft 3 more for a level 91 alt and make the leveling easier, for example I crafted 2 leather pieces for my monk, and on that toon that was an alchemist I crafted the new trinket so that's 3 640s for a 91, went well I was killing stuff so quickly.

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil
If you need to be carried in dungeons, you are going to need to be carried in pug runs as well. And it will be even more evident in the pug runs which will have been a much larger time investment for you when you are ultimately kicked (as it will be tough to even get in one without a strong ilvl).

I'd suggest choice B which is spend a little time learning your class so you don't feel like you have to be carried. Everyone wins then.

What class/spec will you be looking to gear first? We can probably give you just three buttons to push which will be enough that you hold your own weight in a dungeon.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

For which class, I dunno. They all have pluses and minus. lol.
Currently the only lev 100s I have are a monk [Brewmaster] and a Rogue [Combat].
Both have Ilev of 611 or so.

I like the monk, cause he doesn't feel as squishy as the rogue. But I like the rogue 'cause he is a member of a guild.

And just behind them is my DK [Unholy at 97], and my hunter [Beastmaster] at 93.
I actually like them all, which is my problem. I'm to indecisive as to who will be main and who will be Garrison "bunnies".

Though truthfully, I think I might be better with the Hunter. Because I'm "Old and slow" according to my kids. Meaning I react very slowly to the changing conditions.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to djlar

Premium Member

to djlar
said by djlar:

IDK who will need all those mats and for what? you can only wear 3 crafted pieces, that's about 300 bars/leathers, if it was making bags and selling them perhaps..

2 tips: put a follower on them, and get the rush work order scrolls

Don't forget the 3 upgrade items per item to bring each of those 3 to 685.
DarkLogix

DarkLogix to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
I'd say craft 3 640's and upgrade them to 685's
if its for a toon that's under 100 (IE 91-99) then avoid any slot that there's a heirloom for.
If its for a 100 then I hear the scribe trinkets are really good.

for cloth IIRC its 100 to make the 640 then 150+15bloods+elemetnal thing to get to 655, then 200+15bloods+elemental thing to get 670, then IIRC 200+30bloods+elemental thing to get 685

(I think I got the numbers right.)

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

heirloom? I've read about them, but I don't think I've ever owned any. Are they available through the guild vendor?
djlar

djlar

2 are from guild vendor the rest on the new heirloom selling/upgrading guy on UC/IF

It will break your bank buying and upgrading them all... say 100K easily for a full set of 100s

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

I also notice that they lack ilevel, is that a good thing?
Snakeoil

Snakeoil to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
»www.wowhead.com/guides/h ··· upgrades

Find this list of Heirlooms. So I'll start grinding for gold and making plans to nabb them.

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil
If money is a concern just buy the heirlooms to go from 1-90. The 90-100 upgrade is the most expensive part.

Also you don't HAVE to match armor types if you need to save gold. I did very well using cloth caster gear on druid, or leather AGI gear on hunter, etc.
puppy

puppy

Btw if you have retired toons on other servers, use their gold to buy heirlooms! That's what I did. heirlooms are account wide unlock.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

Their ilvl scales with level, topping out at 600 when at 100.
Plus many have some bonuses that help level faster.

puppy
San Diego, CA

puppy

Sorry one more thing. Don't rush to upgrade your crafted piece to Level 4 or 4. That costs a lot in terms of mats (both the daily ones as well as savage blood). The only ones I'm upgrading are trinkets. The rest you never know if you will replace with a raid run.
puppy

puppy to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

said by Snakeoil:

Their ilvl scales with level, topping out at 600 when at 100.
Plus many have some bonuses that help level faster.

OK almost last thing! Focus on the ones that gives +exp first. Some gives +exp, some don't.

Also if you get a cloak one, you can use a WOD enchant on it. The high level WOD enchant gives +10% movement which helps in leveling!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to puppy

Premium Member

to puppy
said by puppy:

Btw if you have retired toons on other servers, use their gold to buy heirlooms! That's what I did. heirlooms are account wide unlock.

One thing I don't like about the new heirloom redo is that if you want to max a heirloom you'll still want to send it to your enchanter and you could easily forget you did that and end up enchanting a 2nd of that heirloom.

before the heirloom tab it took a lot to get them and you'd only normally get one of each and then enchant it.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil to puppy

Premium Member

to puppy
So grab ones that offer +exp, because it can be used by lower lev toons as well.
Now to upgrade item:
I can use gold only, or is it gold and dark moon fair tickets, champions seal, or love tokens?
I know gold is the more expensive way to upgrade the item.
Snakeoil

Snakeoil to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
So before equipping an item, send it to the enchanter 1st.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by Snakeoil:

So before equipping an item, send it to the enchanter 1st.

Well the Heirlooms should still be BOA but just be aware you might end up with multiples now.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil to puppy

Premium Member

to puppy
true. I just built a barn on a none leather working toon. The sole purpose of that barn is to produce savage bloods. Hopefuly it's not to hard to trap the critters required for that.

Though my bone to pick with the garrison:
Why does a lev 3 mine produce way more rock, then you can use at the mine W/O NPC?
But a lev 3 herb garden still produces a low amount of seeds, so you never max out the w/os.

I do like how the barn seems to give you a decent exchange rate of leather to 1 trapped animal. Unlike the tannery. Though my skinner guy has over 300 raw beast hides on him and keeps the barn and tannery filled.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

So grab ones that offer +exp, because it can be used by lower lev toons as well.
Now to upgrade item:
I can use gold only, or is it gold and dark moon fair tickets, champions seal, or love tokens?
I know gold is the more expensive way to upgrade the item.

Well the 90-100 I think might be gold only
the lower ones might be available via other ways.

One thing you can do is the quest the guy gives (it'll require lots of dungeons though) you go and get some collectable coins for him and he gives you stuff related to heirlooms (upgrades I think)

puppy
San Diego, CA

puppy to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix
I think there are multiple ways to get an heirloom but I personally just used gold. Gold is pretty easy to get nowadays. I have multiple toons running treasure hunter missions.

The way heirlooms work now is that you have a tab and you can create a new copy whenever you want. If you enchant a particular piece the enchant only stays on that piece, but you can still send that piece around to share.

You can also have the cloak enchant put on a scroll then mail the scroll to the toon.

One last thing - BOA weapons, especially for melee, is probably one of the non exp top priority items. With BOA weapons you just mow down mobs.

Honestly though you can probably buy enough to cover all your toons. I don't have ALL the pieces, but enough that I can level anything from 1-90.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
k. My enchanting is up to.. 666 and I maxed out inscription. Now to find the glyph recipes so my scribe knows them.
I boosted my enchanter/scribe, so he lacks alot of low level recipes.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

Though my bone to pick with the garrison:
Why does a lev 3 mine produce way more rock, then you can use at the mine W/O NPC?
But a lev 3 herb garden still produces a low amount of seeds, so you never max out the w/os

I know right

well now that there's rush orders that you can but with GR I've gone back to mining every day and then when the ore trader comes I burn all the extra stone with rush orders so I can get more primals from the trader.