Search similar:

uniqs

Ryan Tilton
join:2010-09-04
Seattle, WA

2 recommendations

Ryan Tilton

Beta testers needed for GVsip.com

Hey everyone I have been working on a new company that allows you to connect any VoIP device to your Google Voice account.

I need beta testers to try out the service and provide feedback. Beta testers will receive free basic access for life using the coupon code “betatest”.

So please feel free to check it out at »www.GVsip.com and provide feedback here or support@gvsip.com

Thank you! -Ryan

Trev
AcroVoice & DryVoIP Official Rep
Premium Member
join:2009-06-29
Victoria, BC

5 recommendations

Trev

Premium Member

said by Ryan Tilton:

hahaha, I have found companies don't like when you growth hack using their name. So I wont be doing that anymore

o_O

»Re: Is OBi really 'officially' supported by google?
phonesimon
join:2014-10-08
Pennsylvania

5 recommendations

phonesimon to Ryan Tilton

to Ryan Tilton
What, you didn't want to use "Google Voice Gateway"?

WhyADuck
Premium Member
join:2003-03-05

2 recommendations

WhyADuck to Ryan Tilton

Premium Member

to Ryan Tilton
Even if you enter the coupon code it still requires a credit card. No, thanks.

Ryan Tilton
Seattle, WA

Ryan Tilton

said by WhyADuck:

That is to verify the account to prevent fraud, no charges will be placed on your card. I will be adding more payment methods in the future such as paypal and amazon checkout. You can still try the service for 30 days / 60 minutes without entering any payment details.
mdseuss
join:2012-05-27
Worcester, MA

mdseuss to Ryan Tilton

to Ryan Tilton
I'll try later today. Your Vestalink/GV integration worked quite well.

I'll dedicate a Cisco 7960 and a couple accounts to give it a whirl.
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Lilburn, GA

1 recommendation

mazilo to Ryan Tilton

Premium Member

to Ryan Tilton
said by Ryan Tilton:

Beta testers will receive free basic access for life using the coupon code “betatest”.

CC is required is absolutely a No No. Also, something smells very fishy here.
mazilo

1 recommendation

mazilo to Ryan Tilton

Premium Member

to Ryan Tilton
said by Ryan Tilton:

said by WhyADuck:

That is to verify the account to prevent fraud, ...

Very incompetence.

Ryan Tilton
Seattle, WA

Ryan Tilton

said by mazilo:

CC is required is absolutely a No No. Also, something smells very fishy here.

GVsip was not designed to be a free service. After testing there will be a $4.99 setup fee and then its free (unless you opt in for monthly add-ons, Caller ID w/ name, Voicemail w/ notifications and mwi, E911). The coupon is just a work around so you wont be charged as a beta tester.

Trimline
Premium Member
join:2004-10-24
Windermere, FL

2 edits

Trimline to Ryan Tilton

Premium Member

to Ryan Tilton
Using both 10 digit and 11 digit dialing on Asterisk, get the following (I'll keep checking):

Dial failed due to trunk reporting BUSY - giving up

[2015-03-30 14:51:11] VERBOSE[3339][C-000002cb] app_dial.c: == Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:1/0/0)

Ryan Tilton
Seattle, WA

1 edit

Ryan Tilton

I'm not seeing your account associated with Google Voice. Make sure you set that up first. Have you done that? Go to Google Voice -> click green button

Trimline
Premium Member
join:2004-10-24
Windermere, FL

Trimline

Premium Member

Minor details.... works just fine (after I pressed the Google button). I just figured that it would associate the account on the signup page.

Work just fine! Good stuff!! Thanks.

bitseeker
join:2014-03-05

bitseeker to Ryan Tilton

to Ryan Tilton
said by Ryan Tilton:

(unless you opt in for monthly add-ons, Caller ID w/ name, Voicemail w/ notifications and mwi, E911)

= Vestalink?

Ryan Tilton
Seattle, WA

Ryan Tilton

The two companies are completely separate. GVsip lets you build your own monthly plan.
GVsip Gateway Service - $0/mo ($4.99 setup)
Caller ID w/ name - $2.99/mo
Voicemail w/ sms & email notifications, mwi and transcriptions - $4.99/mo
e911 w/ sms & email notifications - $1.29/mo
phonesimon
Pennsylvania

phonesimon

said by Ryan Tilton:

GVsip Gateway Service - $0/mo ($4.99 setup)

ONLY $4.99
* Limited time promotion ends on Apr 03, 2015

What is the price after Friday?

Ryan Tilton
Seattle, WA

Ryan Tilton

Not sure yet, it depends how many people sign up. The beta code is good for the first 25 beta users.
tbrummell2
join:2002-02-09
Ottawa, ON

tbrummell2 to Ryan Tilton

to Ryan Tilton
Or you could use this service, which is free....

»simonics.com/gvgw/
VoipisGreat
join:2013-03-25

VoipisGreat to Ryan Tilton

to Ryan Tilton
I intended to try it as a voice gateway in obi, but it doesn't even let me associate the Google Voice account unless I register my ATA to the server.
phonesimon
Pennsylvania

1 recommendation

phonesimon to tbrummell2

to tbrummell2
said by tbrummell2:

Or you could use this service, which is free....

»simonics.com/gvgw/

That service is closed (the form remains for existing users). A similar, but better, service will be offered soon.
nonymous (banned)
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

1 recommendation

nonymous (banned) to Ryan Tilton

to Ryan Tilton
E911 is an add on? Not mandatory?

arpawocky
Premium Member
join:2014-04-13
Columbus, OH

arpawocky to Ryan Tilton

Premium Member

to Ryan Tilton
said by Ryan Tilton:

So please feel free to check it out at http://www.GVsip.com

Putting Google Voice website inside an iframe is IMHO a cheesy move - combine that with a domain name that includes the initials GV, and this seems almost as bad (if not worse) than ObiVoice... SIP device registers fine, but your UI doesn't indicate as such. (not that i really want to use the service, but figured id test it out anyway just to see)

Requiring a CC to prevent fraud really doesn't make sense if a beta user is going to be free anyway. What type of fraud scenario are you trying to prevent?

Looking at the addons pricing alone (ie excluding any one time activation fee for the basic plan), to get a still rather basic setup with incoming CNAM, E-911, and Voicemail w/MWI, one would be looking at $9.27 / month... resulting in a package that is neither feature-rich nor competitively priced - especially considering that you're not even providing a DID or minutes. (yes, someone else is, for free, but you're not.)
said by Ryan Tilton:

That is to verify the account to prevent fraud, no charges will be placed on your card.

More likely it is a simply a bug with recurly.. or maybe not even a bug, since recurly is intended for setting up recurring payments, rather than registration for a free-forever product.
said by Ryan Tilton:

Hey everyone I have been working on a new company

said by Ryan Tilton:

The two companies are completely separate. GVsip lets you build your own monthly plan.

Ok, so an actual separate company, and not another DBA of INTELAFONE LLC?
If so, what is the name of the new and totally separate company?
nonymous (banned)
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned)

said by arpawocky:

Looking at the addons pricing alone (ie excluding any one time activation fee for the basic plan), to get a still rather basic setup with incoming CNAM, E-911, and Voicemail w/MWI, one would be looking at $9.27 / month... resulting in a package that is neither feature-rich nor competitively priced - especially considering that you're not even providing a DID or minutes. (yes, someone else is, for free, but you're not.)

Looked at that way there are a few VOIP providers that would be competitive at that price.

brg
Premium Member
join:2001-01-03
Chicago, IL

brg to Ryan Tilton

Premium Member

to Ryan Tilton
(1) Is there a way to change the associated GV account?

(2) Does associating a particular GV account with GVsisp interfere, in any way, with existing GV settings/routings for that particular GV account (such as the forwarded-to phones selected in the GV portal; or an existing Obi device using that GV account?
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Lilburn, GA

1 recommendation

mazilo to arpawocky

Premium Member

to arpawocky
said by arpawocky:

Requiring a CC to prevent fraud really doesn't make sense if a beta user is going to be free anyway.

I was going to say the same thing, but you beat me to it.

The other thing I mentioned in my OP about the offer is free for life does not make sense, too. What if Google decides to pull the plug tomorrow and is the service going to hold on for life?

brg
Premium Member
join:2001-01-03
Chicago, IL

brg

Premium Member

said by mazilo:

free for life does not make sense, too. What if Google decides to pull the plug tomorrow and is the service going to hold on for life?

You still get the gateway free for life!

... a gateway to nothing.

More to the point: "whose life is this, anyway?"

-- the life of the subscriber?

-- the life of GV?

-- the life of the offering company?
lineisbury
join:2014-11-19

lineisbury

I'm always wary of companies that hide their domain registration with a privacy service.

The domain name was registered on Saturday, March 28.

Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Registration Private
Registrant Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
Registrant Street: DomainsByProxy.com
Registrant Street: 14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
Registrant City: Scottsdale
Registrant State/Province: Arizona
Registrant Postal Code: 85260
Registrant Country: United States
Registrant Phone: +1.4806242599
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +1.4806242598
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: GVSIP.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
Registry Admin ID:

Ryan Tilton
Seattle, WA

Ryan Tilton

said by arpawocky:

Requiring a CC to prevent fraud really doesn't make sense if a beta user is going to be free anyway.

The service is only free with the beta coupon (16 left), requiring a card is a limitation of the billing system. I rather not have thousands of automatically setup accounts for fraudulent use of Google Voice. Thats why the card is required, but mainly it will pay for the server costs and bandwidth.
said by mazilo:

What if Google decides to pull the plug tomorrow and is the service going to hold on for life?

The service is free after the setup fee, but it does require Google to keep XMPP access alive to work.
Ryan Tilton

Ryan Tilton to lineisbury

to lineisbury
said by lineisbury:

'm always wary of companies that hide their domain registration with a privacy service.

I registered the domain, Godaddy was running a special on private registration. Use the honey app on chrome, it works great.

arpawocky
Premium Member
join:2014-04-13
Columbus, OH

arpawocky to Ryan Tilton

Premium Member

to Ryan Tilton
said by Ryan Tilton:

The service is only free with the beta coupon (16 left), requiring a card is a limitation of the billing system

Right. Recurly requires a payment method... has nothing to do with fraud prevention.
said by Ryan Tilton:

I rather not have thousands of automatically setup accounts for fraudulent use of Google Voice. Thats why the card is required,

said by Ryan Tilton:

but mainly it will pay for the server costs and bandwidth.

Three very contradictory reasons... and the third.. you require a payment method for a free for life beta account mainly to pay for server costs and bandwidth... That doesn't sound too good.
said by Ryan Tilton:

I registered the domain, Godaddy was running a special on private registration.

The registrars that I mainly use don't even charge for whois privacy... but I still only use it when I want some anonymity - and never on a business domain.

Ryan Tilton
Seattle, WA

1 recommendation

Ryan Tilton

Tough bunch in here...

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· -e-FmcRA