uniqs

Leathal
Premium Member
join:2002-02-09
Richmond Hill, ON

Leathal

Premium Member

Teksavvy Ads on FaceBook

I would like know why TekSavvy is suggesting to it's customers and or future customers they should cut the cord and cancel their TV package subscriptions when they don't even offer a TV solution?

I wonder if Martin can explain these ads because I am sure everyone here would like to know!?

»www.facebook.com/TekSavv ··· ?fref=nf

It would seem the marketing team at Teksavvy doesn't know how to choose the correct words when producing these ads and instead of selling Teksavvy's services they are selling some other service Teksavvy doesn't provide.

Thanks

RizzleQ
Cunningham's Law Enthusiast
Premium Member
join:2006-01-12
Windsor, ON

RizzleQ

Premium Member

What ads do you speak of? Care to provide a screenshot?

Maybe TSI is saying cut the cord and just get Netflix or other Internet TV streaming service to move away from incumbent's overpriced TV service.

GM85
Click, Click
join:2002-07-02
Canada

GM85 to Leathal

to Leathal
"Cutting the Cord" means cancelling your TV service and using online sites/streams for shows.

If Teksavvy offered a TV service, that wouldn't be "Cutting the Cord".

Leathal
Premium Member
join:2002-02-09
Richmond Hill, ON

Leathal

Premium Member

Again.. What does cutting your TV service has to with Teksavvy who doesn't provide TV service? IPTV is a online service, and technically so is Bell Fibe TV as it goes over the internet. Their ad just doesn't make any sense.
Jaxom
join:2012-03-10
East York, ON

Jaxom

said by Leathal:

Again.. What does cutting your TV service has to with Teksavvy who doesn't provide TV service? IPTV is a online service, and technically so is Bell Fibe TV as it goes over the internet. Their ad just doesn't make any sense.

GM85 answered you perfectly already above. Please re-read his answer.

As he already said cutting the cord means switching from a traditional "video over a wire service" (Rogers, Bell) to internet streaming and OTA service (Netflix, Hulu, etc).

RizzleQ
Cunningham's Law Enthusiast
Premium Member
join:2006-01-12
Windsor, ON

2 recommendations

RizzleQ to Leathal

Premium Member

to Leathal
People can tell you to "cut the cord" without having an alternative to provide you.
JMJimmy
join:2008-07-23

JMJimmy to Leathal

to Leathal
Teksavvy bought a TV company in Madoc Ontario last year.
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning to Leathal

to Leathal
said by Leathal:

It would seem the marketing team at Teksavvy doesn't know how to choose the correct words when producing these ads and instead of selling Teksavvy's services they are selling some other service Teksavvy doesn't provide.

They're telling you that using their Internet service and a over the top streaming service is an alternative to packaged television services. I see nothing confusing about the message.

TSI Marvin
Premium Member
join:2012-02-28

1 recommendation

TSI Marvin to Leathal

Premium Member

to Leathal
Hi Leathal

"Cord Cutting" is a phenomenon that has been growing in Canada over the last decade. Many people find that with services such as Netflix, Crackle, Twitch, and YouTube they no longer have a need for their cable TV subscription. When we took note of this trend we commissioned a white paper to see what more we could learn. The link in our Facebook post leads to the aforementioned white paper. If cord cutting is for you there may be some relevant info in the white paper. Our customers all use the Internet for different and varying purposes and some have left their traditional TV subscriptions behind in favour of a streaming solution.

"Cord Cutting" has become popular enough that a few individuals have gone so far as to become Cord Cutting Consultants according to the CBC. »www.cbc.ca/news/business ··· .3005946

I hope I've been able to address your concerns.

pstewart
Premium Member
join:2005-10-12
Peterborough, ON

pstewart to Leathal

Premium Member

to Leathal
said by Leathal:

I know it seems like I'm "splitting hairs" but Bell Fibe TV does not go over the Internet. It is an IPTV product delivered in a closed network via multicast which is traditional with that type of service.
fefrie
join:2012-08-17
Vancouver, BC

fefrie

Cord Cutting means not paying $150 to watch a TV program when a broadcast corporation deems that you do, PVR or not.
kanatamike
join:2013-07-19
Kanata, ON

kanatamike to Leathal

to Leathal
Perhaps you should research how Bell Fibe IPTV works before you comment.
Ree
join:2007-04-29
h0h0h0

Ree to TSI Marvin

to TSI Marvin
said by TSI Marvin:

The link in our Facebook post leads to the aforementioned white paper.

Link leads to the TekNotes site, and I'm not seeing a link to the whitepaper anywhere. Or do I have to actually click "Send Now" on that form to receive the note? Not interested if that's the case.

Speaking of that form, try typing "asdf" into the email box and see if you can read the error message...the red on red doesn't work so well (on my monitor/eyes anyway).

MFido
Montreal
join:2012-10-19

MFido to Leathal

to Leathal
I think you have to understand that TV "cutting the cord" reffers not only to TV but also to the landline phone.

Also, WHY should they NOT say that? You can use the internet to watch TV ...They can say to jump with a parachute ... or to stop posting on Facebook ...or on DSL reports ... or whatever they want ...

I think you just try to play smart here ...
Expand your moderator at work

Rickkins
join:2004-04-05
Mtl, Canada

Rickkins to Leathal

to Leathal

Re: Teksavvy Ads on FaceBook

You guys still see ads in Facebook....???