rolande
Certifiable
MVM,
join:2002-05-24
Dallas, TX

rolande

MVM,

Convert wireless receiver to wired

I need to convert one of my wireless receivers to wired ASAP. I am getting non-stop interference and channel switching. I can't find the old posts on how to do it. Do I just hold power until it boots? Help, please.

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17

Darknessfall

Premium Member

Steps:
1) Unplug the WAP, wait for your receiver to lose signal
2) Connect the receiver to Ethernet
3) Hold down the power button until it reboots
4) Let it go through the setup process

rolande
Certifiable
MVM,
Dallas, TX
ARRIS BGW210-700
Cisco Meraki MR42

rolande

MVM,

Thank you! I was having a brain freeze. Been sick in bed the last couple days feeling like complete crap and have been beyond frustrated at constantly losing signal. Nothing to distract me except a constantly frozen picture.
rolande

rolande to Darknessfall

MVM,

to Darknessfall
Not working.

Keeps coming to a wireless setup screen. No matter what I do, it fails hard. The Ethernet connection is known good. I just pulled it out of my TV set that uses it for Netflix.
muegen
join:2015-02-08
tx

muegen

Let it pair, plug in Ethernet and restart the box. I've never had one allow me bring it up on Ethernet unless it was previously paired with the WAP. I could unplug the WAP after the fact (until it rebooted at least).

May just be my experience with them though. I can't say that I have hard wired more than like 5 since we've had them (by request).

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

Darknessfall

Premium Member

said by muegen:

Let it pair, plug in Ethernet and restart the box. I've never had one allow me bring it up on Ethernet unless it was previously paired with the WAP. I could unplug the WAP after the fact (until it rebooted at least).

May just be my experience with them though. I can't say that I have hard wired more than like 5 since we've had them (by request).

He already had it paired though.

When I converted my ISB7005 to Ethernet, it was paired with the AP in the original room. I unplugged it and brought it to the other room connected with Ethernet and then powered it on with the WAP off. It worked for me that way. It just rebooted a few times for it to actually work.

Milwaukee PT to rolande

Anon

to rolande
Unplug WAP.... Receiver on Ethernet, factory reset the receiver by holding down power/OK/down till front panel lights flash three times, release power, release OK/down.... Will take a software update and reboot, give about 20 minutes total.

Have hardwired many in MDU settings where interference with too many accounts, unit will default looking for WAP then see hardwired when WAP not found..... Link light on receiver should be good.

rolande
Certifiable
MVM,
Dallas, TX
ARRIS BGW210-700
Cisco Meraki MR42

rolande

MVM,

I finally got both my wireless receivers converted last night. It helps to have the switch ports properly configured for the correct VLAN. I use the same switch to support my STBs on the "outside" segment that I have all of my internal devices plugged into. So, VLAN assignment is a wee bit important. I do not cary multicast through my router. No value in that.

What I discovered was that at some point the STBs did something to error out the particular switch ports and they had gotten suspended. I had to manually reset them and then bounce the STBs a second time before they were off to the races. Now I have a happy wife.

Now I have to run 2 additional CAT5 jacks at the same locations so that we can watch Netflix on those TVs. I have no interest in buying more switches. Good thing I have attic access right above the drop locations and plenty of spools of spare CAT5e and jack inserts. Need to do it today while it is cool outside.