All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
shunx
join:2003-05-01
Canada

shunx

[Cable] how often do you experience slowdown with your cable connection?

If so, could you describe what the slowdown is like, in terms of the rated speed vs the actual minimum mbps you'd get, and how long it'd stay there before returning to the rated speed? I have not had cable for a long time and would appreciate some idea.
Ree
join:2007-04-29
h0h0h0

Ree

I think you'll have to give your location for anyone to provide meaningful feedback. I can tell you I've never experienced a slowdown, but unless you're in my neighbourhood that information doesn't really help you much.

XxAjithxX
join:2014-03-12
Scarborough, ON

XxAjithxX

Been with TSI Cable for over 3 years now, and I too have never experienced slowdowns (not even in peak-times).

However, I have seen quite a handful of users complain about such issues throughout this forum.
Like Ree said, this completely depends on your location.

Calero27
join:2014-01-13
Chatham, ON

Calero27 to shunx

to shunx
Had slow downs at night when the node in my area was maxed out, once the node split was done, have not had issues since.

Experienced congestion for about 2 months.
shunx
join:2003-05-01
Canada

shunx

said by Calero27:

Had slow downs at night when the node in my area was maxed out, once the node split was done, have not had issues since.

Experienced congestion for about 2 months.

How bad was the congestion like?

Any comments from people in BC?
slow joe
join:2008-01-17

slow joe to shunx

to shunx
I'm at full speed even at peak times.

RizzleQ
Cunningham's Law Enthusiast
Premium Member
join:2006-01-12
Windsor, ON
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti U6-LR

RizzleQ to shunx

Premium Member

to shunx
Slowdowns due to congestion happened once a year for me on cCable and lasted around a month or so the first year and lasted under a week the second year. They were both very noticeable dips in speed due to double digit speeds dropping to a very low single digit speed. Other than those two times, my Internet pretty much goes at max speed 24/7.

Calero27
Chatham, ON

Calero27 to shunx

to shunx
That is the life of a cable internet user. The people around you get more tech savvy and need to use more of their speed and end up slowing you down. Then you wait for the upgrade.
vincom
join:2009-03-06
Bolton, ON

vincom to shunx

to shunx
the only time i notice any issues was w/rf issues, once those were resolved no issues to speak of.

Calero27
Chatham, ON

Calero27 to shunx

to shunx
would drop down to single digits at night. Made Netflix a little problematic and online gaming was not too bad. But at my place there is normally only one device actively using the internet at a time

Maxx2006
join:2013-02-02
Guelph, ON

Maxx2006 to shunx

to shunx
Had some slow downs late last year for a bit ,but all in all happy with cable.