onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
join:2002-03-30
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

Apple TV question

Are you able to push the audio from it to an iOS device so that it is only being heard on the iOS device?
kitsune
join:2001-11-26
Sacramento, CA

kitsune

No, iOS devices can only send over airplay, not receive. Though it can send audio to expresses connected to speakers/headphones. I don't think it disables the sound from the TV though. You could always mute the tv.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

said by kitsune:

No, iOS devices can only send over airplay, not receive. Though it can send audio to expresses connected to speakers/headphones. I don't think it disables the sound from the TV though. You could always mute the tv.

Expresses??

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo

MVM

said by onebadmofo:

said by kitsune:

Expresses??

AirPort Expresses.

The point is as stated above, it can only send to other AirPlay devices, not iOS devices.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

said by Nezmo:

said by onebadmofo:

said by kitsune:

Expresses??

AirPort Expresses.

The point is as stated above, it can only send to other AirPlay devices, not iOS devices.

I never knew anything like this existed...
»www.amazon.com/Apple-Air ··· 015YJOK2

bobrk
You kids get offa my lawn
Premium Member
join:2000-02-02
San Jose, CA

bobrk

Premium Member

I've had two. They look different now, that's the old form factor.

»store.apple.com/us/produ ··· -express