spc
Search similar:

uniqs

jblues
join:2001-04-28
Allen Park, MI

jblues

[CustSvc] Obtaining Correct Speed File

Jeez. I called Comcast yesterday to lower my bill (it went up $60 this month.) I was successful at doing that, but the gent in Customer Retention that lowered it also lowered my internet speed (pushed a config file to it) and no one at Comcast could raise it back!
It took from 5pm - midnight to find someone that could push the correct file to my modem (an SB6183!) I must have spoken with 5 or 6 different people (including a "We Care" rep in South Carolina that was nice, but took 90 minutes and could not fix it.)
Exactly how hard is it to find the right config file for Extreme 105 in Michigan?
Well, at least they fixed it - but boy, a LOT of time wasted!
ExoticFish
join:2008-08-31
Zebulon, NC

ExoticFish

[CustSvc] Re: Obtaining Correct Speed File

They lowered your bill by reducing your speed package. Hehe
cheeseman
join:2014-06-19
Palo Alto, CA

cheeseman to jblues

to jblues
Config files are pushed based on the rate codes on your account each time your modem connects to the network.

It's not a one time thing and it's not a situation where any can arbitrarily push a config file for any speed to your modem.

jblues
Allen Park, MI

jblues

Cheeseman, what happened was they pushed the WRONG config file to make it Extreme again after I noticed they accidentally lowered it. The one lady I finally got did some research and said our Extreme config file in MI is different than other states/regions, so once she pushed it, it was OK.

mike34
Premium Member
join:2004-07-17
Central City, PA
Netgear CM500V
Asus RT-AC68

mike34

Premium Member

Not so sure it was an accident. When my first year triple play promo expired a couple weeks ago I called retentions to get a new deal. I was told I could have the same deal for another year but my TV package had gone up 10 bucks, I approved and shortly thereafter noticed my D/L speed had gone from 105 to under 40. Called retentions back and they told me my triple play package had gone down to performance from blast. Offered me blast back for 12 bucks more and I took it.

Bottom line is I got the same deal only different. 22 bucks a month different. I may fight spme more but not today. I've had enough Indian accents for a while.

jblues
Allen Park, MI

jblues

Mike, Retention are the people to speak with (I got a guy near me in Sterling Hts, MI - the first guy I got was in the Philippines or somewhere in Asia, I hung up on him - call back until you get someone in the USA.) After that, the "We Care" number is another option - I think Comcast has created this dept. to sort out a mess and placate frustrated customers.

The reduction might not have been an accident (though he did promise me my speed was not changing.) The fix is my complaint - no one could push a correct config file!!!

mike34
Premium Member
join:2004-07-17
Central City, PA
Netgear CM500V
Asus RT-AC68

mike34

Premium Member

I got an American the first time in retentions and she's the one who allowed my account to revert down to performance after promising me I would have everything the same (including blast) for another year.

When I called retentions the second time I got a gal from over there (way over there) and she fixed it, pushed the blast config file and I watch4ed the modem reset and was back to blast.

Crap shoot, they're not all the same and it's just a matter of luck getting a good one.

owlyn
MVM
join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA

owlyn to jblues

MVM

to jblues
I have had the same thing happen. Retention promise you that the bill will be lower and there will be no changes, but then they lower your speed. My guess is that typical customers don't notice the speed reduction. We are not typical customers.

mustang50
Premium Member
join:2005-05-06
Roseville, MI

mustang50 to jblues

Premium Member

to jblues

Re: [CustSvc] Obtaining Correct Speed File

Glad they finally fixed it. It's got to be hard for the average CSR because of the different configs and regions. Comcast could fix that by giving the SAME speeds to everyone.

d11_m_sb6183_widebandshowcaseblast_c01.cm is 105/20 here in MI, but on the east coast it's 150/20.

But alas, those of us that will be greatland get nadda...