DownLow
Nope...I Got Nothing
Premium Member
join:2001-04-25
Long Island

DownLow

Premium Member

Browser Securty Level Too High for Web Games

Hello, not sure that this is really the correct place for this but since the problem exists in both IE and Firefox (but not Chrome), I thought I would ask.

My kids like to play an online game called Roblox - it uses a launcher to start the game when you visit the game site. It has stopped working in both Firefox and IE (it used to work a week or so ago).

I have looked at every security setting I can find (in both browsers related to privacy and security, allowing/adding the site to the required places, etc.) yet it still doesn't work (will not launch the game).

Oddly, when I downloaded and installed Chrome, it works with no needed adjustments.

I can't see why this is so I thought I would ask here because I am at my wit's end.

Thanks for any advice or direction you might provide.

Ken1943
join:2001-12-30
Brighton, CO

Ken1943

What OS and Security Program are you using ?

Chubbzie
join:2014-02-11
Greenville, NC
Hitron CDA3
(Software) OpenBSD + pf

Chubbzie to DownLow

to DownLow
said by DownLow:

it uses a launcher to start the game when you visit the game site

I'm guessing the launcher is based on a browser plugin/addon? Have you checked the plugin/addon configurations for IE & FF?

DownLow
Nope...I Got Nothing
Premium Member
Long Island

DownLow

Premium Member

Windows 7 - using only MSE as security.

Yep, did check the addon configs and don't see anything out of the ordinary (and kind of odd that by default Chrome has no issues).
redwolfe_98
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11

1 edit

redwolfe_98 to DownLow

Premium Member

to DownLow
you could try running firefox in "safe mode" and see if that makes a difference..

if it does, then one of the addons that you are using must be interfering with the game's running..

to run firefox in "safe mode", one way to do that is to hold down the "shift" key, on your keyboard, while launching firefox..

i can't really speak for IE but i have heard some people say that they have had problems with IE 11..

check to make sure that "flash player" is installed and is functioning properly.. maybe "flash player" isn't installed and that is why the game won't play..

here is a webpage where you can test to see if "flash player" is installed:

»www.adobe.com/software/f ··· h/about/

("flash player" is built into "chrome")..

DownLow
Nope...I Got Nothing
Premium Member
Long Island

DownLow

Premium Member

Thanks for still not working:
1) Tried in Firefox safe mode and it still doesn't work
2) Thought it might be a 64-bit issue (I use Waterfox and IE11 is 64bit I believe) so I downloaded plain Firefox and it didn't work (also tested in safe mode)
3) Checked Flash and I have the most current.

It kind of bugs me that Chrome works out of the box while the others used to work but stopped.

I guess I will just keep having my kids use Chrome when they want to play (ideally, I don't want any "unneeded" software on my machine but will have to make an exception in this case).

Thanks again for your assistance.

norwegian
Premium Member
join:2005-02-15
Outback

norwegian

Premium Member

I'd like to join and test but initially:

1. Have you cleared temp internet files?
(Restrictions on temp internet size may have filled up)
See:
»en.help.roblox.com/hc/en ··· e-Issues

2. Have you tried installing again?
See:
»en.help.roblox.com/hc/en ··· oftware-

3. When was the last time you did a repair install of your anti-virus/security software:

4. Connection issues
See:
»en.help.roblox.com/hc/en ··· Problems

5. Check plug-ins
See:
»en.help.roblox.com/hc/en ··· r-Plugin

As it is a specific google sponsored game, I would imagine anything protecting from domains such as googlesyndication etc would prevent game play too.

DownLow
Nope...I Got Nothing
Premium Member
Long Island

DownLow

Premium Member

Thanks Norwegian but no joy:
1) Cleaned all temp files
2 & 5) Noticed that the plugin didn't show in FF but did in IE - reinstalled and it is noted in both and both are set to Always Activate
3) I only use MSE and doubt it is interfering (of course, why would it work in Chrome, but not FF or IE!?!?)
4) Nope, everything is working.

It appears to be some kind of launcher issue - the "play" button is there but not clickable in either IE or FF so it can't bring up the launcher (again, Chrome works fine with no tinkering).

I appreciate all the help (I can live with my kids using Chrome to play), so I guess we did all tha we could.

GuruGuy
Premium Member
join:2002-12-16
Atlanta, GA

GuruGuy to DownLow

Premium Member

to DownLow
Looks like possibly a NPAPI plug-in issue with IE and FF.

»en.help.roblox.com/hc/en ··· ate-2015

Troubleshooting help:
»en.help.roblox.com/hc/en ··· e-Issues

Reinstall roblox software:
»en.help.roblox.com/hc/en ··· oftware-

DownLow
Nope...I Got Nothing
Premium Member
Long Island

DownLow

Premium Member

well..been there and done all of that and nope, still only works in Chrome.

norwegian
Premium Member
join:2005-02-15
Outback

norwegian

Premium Member

Does it work with MSE turned off?
Does it work from another user profile?

Just curious.