spc
Search similar:

uniqs
DavsNewG
join:2014-10-10
Cabin Creek, WV

DavsNewG

PS4 Nat3 Problems

With Bloodborne's release I started playing my PS4 online, but the connection is shit. After looking into it, the reason is my connection is Nat-3. Suggested fixes for that is to lock my PS4's ip and do some port-forwarding, it worked for one day. The other option was to use the DMZ option and that only worked for one day.

Any suggestions?

I'm renting a DG950A model Arris modem from sudden-link.

journeysquid
join:2014-08-01

journeysquid

The actual difference between Nat-3 and Nat-2 is source port translation taking place (i.e. »docs-legacy.fortinet.com ··· at2.html). Using DMZ mode will work around it by allowing others to connect directly to you, but if your router let's you change source port translation for select IPs, you won't need to go that far.
Finger2208
join:2001-04-07
Lindale, TX

Finger2208 to DavsNewG

to DavsNewG
Set your PS4 to a static LAN IP outside of the DHCP assigned IP's on your router. Then forward the ports below to the static IP of the PS4:

80 - TCP
443 - TCP
3478 - UDP
3479 - UDP
3658 - UDP
5223 - TCP

Should work like a champ. Our PS4 is pretty much flawless online. Hope it helps!
lcornejo
join:2014-03-20

lcornejo

I don't have a ps4, but I had to do this for the xbox one. Even with npnp forwarding, it flaked out, with port forwarding, pretty much flawless.