dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

usenet_speed

Anon

astraweb speed

I used to get occasionally 200 mbit/s maxing out my ultimate 200 package.
Most times though I would get 150ish. For at least a month now, I am not getting over 50ish.

Any astraweb users out there want to share your speeds for comparison?

maartena
Elmo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA

maartena

Premium Member

I don't have astraweb but I do have an easynet account. I know that doesn't help you much, but I get my full 300 Mbps from them when downloading. I must say I have the most minimalist account with 20 GB a month data cap because I simply don't download that much, only an occasional TV show. They do have data rollover though and I have like 400+ GB saved up.

Suit Up
join:2003-07-21
Los Angeles, CA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
TP-Link Archer C7

Suit Up to usenet_speed

to usenet_speed
I got 24 MB/s (or 192 mbps) last time I downloaded something. Since I've never gotten the 300 Mbps I'm subscribed for in any speed test, it's about as fast as I can expect.

I have it set to use 45 connections with the us.news.astraweb.com host, just fyi.
JOE2102
join:2006-05-01
San Antonio, TX

1 edit

JOE2102 to usenet_speed

to usenet_speed
i get about 150Mbps of my 300 connection

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec to usenet_speed

Premium Member

to usenet_speed
Your computer / newsreader can have a lot to do with speeds on high bandwidth connections. Even more so if you are having your newsreader auto-repair and unpack at the same time. I have seen having SSL enabled make a huge difference as well, although i never could figure out why. If you use SabNZB, make sure you check out the tweaks for high speed connections. Also check out NZBGet to see if it makes a difference. I saw more more consistent results and higher speeds using NZBGet on a gigabit line versus SabNZB.

usenet_speed

Anon

I use newsbin pro (old version). Since I have occasionally maxed out my connection, I don't think it's the software. I am limited to 20 connections with astraweb, so that might be the issue. I set 19 to u.s. and 1 to europe. Sometimes europe is faster and I switch the connections accordingly.