spc
Search similar:

uniqs
porkypug
join:2000-11-29
Lutz, FL

porkypug

lightning 35 to 75

I have premier TV and lightning 35, how much more a month to go to 75?

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz

Premium Member

said by porkypug:

I have premier TV and lightning 35, how much more a month to go to 75?

According to the BHN website, the increase in your monthly bill would be $15/mo to go from Lightning 35 to Lightning 75.

kdwycha
join:2003-01-30
Ruskin, FL

kdwycha to porkypug

to porkypug
Yep it's 15. I upgraded a month ago or so. Was going to downgrade again but the value seems to be there.
porkypug
join:2000-11-29
Lutz, FL

porkypug

Thanks

Astyanax
Premium Member
join:2002-11-14
Melbourne, FL
·AT&T FTTP

Astyanax to kdwycha

Premium Member

to kdwycha
said by kdwycha:

Yep it's 15. I upgraded a month ago or so. Was going to downgrade again but the value seems to be there.

I think for $15 more you can get 150.
rmcbride
join:2014-06-13
Livonia, MI

rmcbride to porkypug

to porkypug
Not worth it.. I signed up for Premier and 35 for $99. Then decided to pay the extra $15.00 to move up to the higher upload speed. Bill went up no problem but speed hasn't.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by rmcbride:

Not worth it.. I signed up for Premier and 35 for $99. Then decided to pay the extra $15.00 to move up to the higher upload speed. Bill went up no problem but speed hasn't.

Then there is something wrong and you should see me in direct.

Please get with me here Bright House Networks Direct : »/fo ··· sedirect
rmcbride
Livonia, MI

rmcbride

Why are you working today? Remember I got with you when I signed up for this premier and 35 and you had to straighten that out. When they called me I decided to move up as it was going to cost about the same as the prebundle cost. OK I'll see you have the correct hat on today so I'll see you in direct!
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by rmcbride:

Why are you working today? Remember I got with you when I signed up for this premier and 35 and you had to straighten that out. When they called me I decided to move up as it was going to cost about the same as the prebundle cost. OK I'll see you have the correct hat on today so I'll see you in direct!

Because I am working until Sunday at which point I pass the hat to Kasey and Chris If I am taking 5 days off for realz this time lots of stuff needs to be wrapped up if at all possible.
rmcbride
Livonia, MI

rmcbride

Thank you for being here!
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to porkypug

Premium Member

to porkypug
And all better now too....
rmcbride
Livonia, MI

rmcbride

Yep thank you.. Enjoy your vacation!
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to porkypug

Premium Member

to porkypug
Thank you I'm actually going to try hard very hard this time

Happy Easter....

Astyanax
Premium Member
Melbourne, FL
·AT&T FTTP

1 recommendation

Astyanax to BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

said by rmcbride:

Because I am working until Sunday at which point I pass the hat to Kasey and Chris If I am taking 5 days off for realz this time lots of stuff needs to be wrapped up if at all possible.

OMG! Gary's going on vaca "for realz"? Charter might as well forget buying BHN now since there won't be anything left to buy in 5 days!
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Astyanax:

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by rmcbride:

OMG! Gary's going on vaca "for realz"? Charter might as well forget buying BHN now since there won't be anything left to buy in 5 days!

If I come back and find pizza on the ceiling it won't be pretty

kdwycha
Ruskin, FL

kdwycha to porkypug

to porkypug
Downgraded mine back to 35 from 75 today. Was having 100ms ping spikes since October when I moved into a new apartment which then turned into random internet/telephone disconnects. Gary (BHNtechXpert) was able to get two senior technicians to come out last week and the issue is resolved So now I don't need an extra 40Mbps to make my connection half work and it fully works on the 35/2 plus I save 15 a month.

Astyanax
Premium Member
Melbourne, FL
·AT&T FTTP

Astyanax

Premium Member

said by kdwycha:

Downgraded mine back to 35 from 75 today. Was having 100ms ping spikes since October when I moved into a new apartment which then turned into random internet/telephone disconnects. Gary (BHNtechXpert) was able to get two senior technicians to come out last week and the issue is resolved So now I don't need an extra 40Mbps to make my connection half work and it fully works on the 35/2 plus I save 15 a month.

Well that's the last time Gary will ever send a tech out to you!

kdwycha
Ruskin, FL

kdwycha

said by Astyanax:

said by kdwycha:

Well that's the last time Gary will ever send a tech out to you!

LOL. Was thinking the same thing. Fix the customers issue and make less money because they can then downgrade the service.

In reality I just don't see paying for more than I need and I am on a tight budget so I took my 15.00 savings and shifted it to 10.00 international sports pack on SlingTV and still make out with 5.00 in the end.

If I had disposable income I would go for the 150Mbps tier because it is useful for Linux updates and Linux ISOs. Wouldn't have much use for the 300, figure thats good for families that have 5-10 people using the Internet at once.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 recommendation

BHNtechXpert to porkypug

Premium Member

to porkypug
said by kdwycha:

LOL. Was thinking the same thing. Fix the customers issue and make less money because they can then downgrade the service.

Actually we don't lose in the end because keeping you happy and a customer comes over keeping you in the higher tiers that you might not need anyway. If we lose you as customer because the issue was unresolved that is definitely not a win for us.
Aprel
join:2013-09-14

Aprel to kdwycha

to kdwycha
said by kdwycha:

If I had disposable income I would go for the 150Mbps tier because it is useful for Linux updates and Linux ISOs.

Maybe yes for the ISOs because they can be torrented, but as for updates, I find FOSS servers and mirrors are some of the slowest. Usually I can't saturate even 40 Mbps
scottp1111
join:2015-04-13
Deland, FL

scottp1111 to porkypug

to porkypug
I just upgraded as well from 35 to 75 just last week. I have the Brighthouse issued Motorola Modem going into a wired router connected to my PC via a 100 ethernet cable. I use the brighthouse speedtest website to test my connection and it never seems to be getting the full 75. I have seen it twice but it normally sits around the 50's. This unit is wired in and I am not testing over wireless. I am thinking of downgrading back to 35 M services. It always seemed to do 35-40 consistently 24/7.. Can anyone recommend anything for me?

Thanks,

PS> I am new here first post....
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by scottp1111:

I just upgraded as well from 35 to 75 just last week. I have the Brighthouse issued Motorola Modem going into a wired router connected to my PC via a 100 ethernet cable. I use the brighthouse speedtest website to test my connection and it never seems to be getting the full 75. I have seen it twice but it normally sits around the 50's. This unit is wired in and I am not testing over wireless. I am thinking of downgrading back to 35 M services. It always seemed to do 35-40 consistently 24/7.. Can anyone recommend anything for me?

Thanks,

Please get with me here Bright House Networks Direct : »/fo ··· sedirect

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz to scottp1111

Premium Member

to scottp1111
said by scottp1111:

Thanks,

That's definitely not normal. As BHNtechXpert already mentioned, post over in the Direct Forums, which is a forum specifically for communication between you and a BHN employee (Gary) and he'll figure out what's going on.