uniqs

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA

jaykaykay

MVM

And Woody really likes the upcoming model!

Hard to believe, but one has to read to the end of the article to find:
"Windows 10 is shaping up to be a tremendous product, a worthy successor to Windows 7."

Changing names again: ‘Metro’ becomes ‘Windows’

Woody Leonhard
By Woody Leonhard on April 2, 2015 in Top Story

An obscure notice that ‘Metro apps’ are now ‘Windows apps’ leaves more than a few Windows observers confused.

Microsoft has a long history of bungled product branding, but its latest decision plumbs new depths.

How not to announce a major branding change

Microsoft recently announced a significant change in the terminology for programs that run under Windows 8 and 10. You and I, our co-workers, our friends and family, even passers-by on the street will soon be asking whether our Windows computer can run Windows apps — and/or Windows desktop applications. As is all too common with Microsoft branding, the answer is far more complex than it should be.

You’d expect such a major change to be announced with explosive fanfare, dancing office-worker ads, a Super Bowl spot — and a lot of education for the beleaguered customer base.

You would be wrong!

»windowssecrets.com/top-s ··· windows/

camper
just visiting this planet
Premium Member
join:2010-03-21
Bethel, CT

1 recommendation

camper

Premium Member

I've been running the Windows 10 preview for a few weeks. While I do think it is better than Windows 8, to call it a "tremendous product" may be hyping it up a bit too much....

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA

1 recommendation

jaykaykay

MVM

How do you think it compares to Windows 7?

camper
just visiting this planet
Premium Member
join:2010-03-21
Bethel, CT

camper

Premium Member

I was looking at the Windows 10 preview in the light of what Microsoft has said about a free upgrade from any version of Windows to Windows 10. While I don't know if there were disclaimers on that offer to would make it not apply to me, that is the context I used.

I decided to stay with Windows 7 until the security updates stop in 2020. Windows 10 was not good enough to compel me to upgrade.

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium Member
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC

siljaline to jaykaykay

Premium Member

to jaykaykay
See my -
»[WIN10] Windows 10 to launch this summer in 190 countries
System

to jaykaykay