Columbus, OH
Netgear CM1000
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter ER-4
Ubiquiti U6-Pro

1 edit

1 recommendation

Body Count

WOW_Dan, suggestion on UltraTV

Maybe you can relay this suggestion to the people who make the firmware patches for UltraTV.

Let us save a backup of our scheduled series programming somewhere.

My gateway was just swapped today because my old one was having problems viewing any channel. I still had internet and netflix though. The tech came and tried to restore it but ultimately he had to do a swap. This meant I lost all my saved DVR programs which I knew was going to happen.

What sucks is I had to go in and set up all my series recordings again. I had over 30 saved series recordings. Some of the shows are not currently on (in between seasons) so I couldn't set up those.

I'm asking if we could somehow save all the series recording information to a file maybe so if our gateway is swapped, we can upload it and get everything back. There is already a backup/restore function for the router which I did before the gateway was swapped so I got all my router settings back at least.
lesmikesell
join:2013-06-10
Mount Prospect, IL

lesmikesell

And even better - make a lot more recent episodes available for on-demand viewing so you can watch things you missed on the DVR or when your DVR breaks and is replaced.

usa2k
Blessed
MVM
join:2003-01-26
Westland, MI

usa2k to Body Count

MVM

to Body Count
I have 258 scheduled programs. Some are waiting for the return of their season and many are active.
Body Count
join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH
Netgear CM1000
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter ER-4
Ubiquiti U6-Pro

Body Count

said by usa2k:

I have 258 scheduled programs. Some are waiting for the return of their season and many are active.

You better put that gateway on a backup UPS connected to a surge protector connected to a coax surge protector then lol

usa2k
Blessed
MVM
join:2003-01-26
Westland, MI

usa2k

MVM

I do have an extra 1TB drive attached

I might jump to Comcast soon though and I'll be back at the beginning anyway. I'm moving this month. I really like Ultra but the cost keeps creeping up.