Edin702
join:2008-02-29
Virginia Beach, VA
Asus RT-AC68
ARRIS SB6183
ARRIS DG1670

Edin702

Saying my IP is banned?

Occianlly when browsing the forums today on MY home connect Im getting saying my IP has been blocked for unusual usage patters and to email, and it says my current IP is 180.76.6.xxx Thats NOT my IP address, and I just refresh the page and the page will load. Why would Broadband reports be saying that I have a Chinese IP address occasionally that does not seem right.

justin
..needs sleep
Mod
join:1999-05-28
Billion BiPAC 7800N
Apple AirPort Extreme (2011)

justin

Mod

180.76.6.x is Baidu, the chinese search engine spider.

Are you browsing the site logged in or out?

If logged in, I'm stumped.
If logged out, it is possible you are getting incorrectly cached pages, that is, the site temporarily cached a popular URL and incorrectly cached the banned warning, instead of the real page.

Basically if you are logged in you are never given cached pages. In fact, if don't clean your cookies out, even if you are logged OUT you are never given cached pages, because the site still knows you.
justin

justin to Edin702

Mod

to Edin702
I've made some changes to try to never cache pages that are site messages, so if you see this again, please note the URL and the time and post.

Edin702
Virginia Beach, VA

Edin702

I was logged out at that time, But the url was exactly this: »/forums/all

it was a bit of a freakout at first

justin
..needs sleep
Mod

justin

Mod

but you were logged out with no cookies? I mean you have to actually delete the permanent cookie that remembers your uid when you're logged out, or ban it purposefully. Otherwise you are never given a cached page.

Edin702
Virginia Beach, VA

Edin702

Most likely no cookies as I recently restored my PC (Yesterday)

justin
..needs sleep
Mod

justin

Mod

well the good thing is it I found this wrinkle: that the baidu spider can cause some pages to be cached by the site with a ban message.
Chrimos9
join:2011-07-14
Providence, RI

Chrimos9 to Edin702

to Edin702
Click for full size
not my ip
I like to bump this as well because I usually surf the site and use my center mouse click to open a few articles so I can read and close the tabs when I am gone. Maybe I click to fast to open to many web pages at once?

Not logged in however I did get the ban page, which isn't my IP address either. I did a whois lookup and it said my IP was ScoutJet web crawler?

It said I had an IP address of: 199.87.252.XXX in reality my IP is 72.87.104.XXX. This happen before and I did remember seeing a 199 ip address, but usually refresh the page and the site loads fine, thought I post here in case something is up.